Question about Lenovo ThinkPad Computers & Internet
I have a lenovo z61m and I just got it used but I want to restore to factory settings and basically so that its back to how it would've been new. but the problem is Ive tried restarting and pushing f8 but in the final step restore factory settings is not an option, I also tried f11 nothing happens, and ive tried controle panel system and security-back up restore-advanced settings but I need a windows cd and I got it at pawnshop so no cd please help need step by step directions I just want it to factory settings ive tried everything also this Lenovo does not have and okr button or one that says novo or the one with the curved arrow so help please
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: dell laptop inspiron 1000
Put recovery disk in the CD drive. On reboot, hold down F12 key. You should get a choice of drives to boot from. Make sure the first two are in the correct order:
1. CD-ROM (optical drive)
2. HDD (hard drive)
then press F10 to save and exit.
Now the laptop should boot correctly from the recovery disk.
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
Here is what you can do.
1. Power off your Lenovo 2. Press the NOVO key, which will start the laptop in recovery mode and provide recovery options
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
SOURCE: I need to restore my
Then definitely you dont have the Default partition on the computer.. If you are under Dell warranty call dell @ 18006249896.. They will give you a harddrive with the default partition.. Else try to get a USB CD drive from friends and reinstall the OS...
Posted on Sep 01, 2010
SOURCE: I have a lenovo y
1. Turn off your compter.
2. Look for theOne Key Recovery button on your PC. It's near the power button.
3. Press the OKR button, wait until your computer turns on.
4. After Windows loading files you'll be routed on Lenovo One Key Rescue System.
5. Select One Key Recovery then, select restore from Intial back up.
Usually it will take 20-30 minutes for the whole process to be done. Once it's finish just reboot your computer.
If this fails, then call them.
Posted on May 13, 2011
SOURCE: i need to restore my
I believe you're having problem with the Operating System on your computer. Unfortunately, Lenovo will not provide a product key for the Operating System since the an OEM version. What you can do is reinstall the Operating System using the One Key Recovery Sofware or the Recovery Disc that came with the computer. Follow these steps for you to be able to reinstall the Operating System using the One Key Recovery.
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Press the little button near the power button, it usually do have a drawing of an icon that looks like a horse shoe or a headset.
3. There will be a window that will appear which do have three option, One Key Antivirus, One Key Recovery and System Setup. Choose One key Recovery.
4. There will be another window that will appear which do have two option, Restore from initial backup and Restore from user backup,Choose Restore from initial back up
5. It will asked you if you want to continue, Just click on OK or YES.
6. Once done, Reboot the computer.
For Recovery Disc,
1. Insert the disc inside the drive.
2. Turn off the computer then turn it back on and keep on tapping F12
3. There will a window that will appear which do have three options, HDD,ODD/DVD/CD, and NAT, choose ODD/DVD/CD
4. It will asked you to press any key immediately, you will need to press any key immediately so that it will boot from ODD.
5. It will asked you to choose a partition, choose Disc 0 partition 1
6. Reboot computer once done.
I hope this information will be helpful. Thank you for using FixYa...
Posted on Jul 21, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2014 | Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m 0674 Laptop AC Power...
Jul 13, 2013 | Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m PC Notebook
Jul 12, 2013 | Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m PC Notebook
Nov 03, 2012 | Lenovo S10-3T Atom-N450 Touch Tablet -...
Oct 27, 2010 | Lenovo Ideapad U350 Laptop Notebook
Apr 15, 2010 | Lenovo IdeaPad S10-42312CU Notebook
Feb 07, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 C200 Notebook
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: