Question about Televison & Video
Flashing red light
Its back light section circuit should be checked. If you're some thing in electronics, you can do it. If you wish to get more details about how to disassemble and troubleshoot, check the site linked here. If you're not confident, contact any service technician. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/ Pull up previous posts there, either by type in the model name to your set in its search box, or view it in Mosaic /Timeslide option.
Posted on Jul 14, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i had this with my samsung and my mums instead of pressing red power button press either switch from analog tv to digital button or just press a number
Posted on Sep 03, 2008
SOURCE: RED LIGHT FLASHES NO PICTURE
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on May 30, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Aug 06, 2016 | Samsung Ln32d403e2d
Jan 03, 2016 | Televison & Video
Dec 25, 2015 | Televison & Video
Aug 22, 2014 | Samsung UN40D5500 40" 1080p LED TV - Ultra...
Aug 28, 2009 | Samsung HLP4674W 46" Rear Projection HDTV
May 15, 2009 | Televison & Video
Apr 14, 2009 | Samsung HL-S4266W 42" HDTV
Jun 04, 2008 | Samsung LE32R74BDX 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Nov 24, 2017 | Dual Televison & Video
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!