Question about Yamaha RX-Z9 Receiver
I have an amplifier hooked up to the zone2 outputs on my Rx-z9, outputs are going to the main-in on the external amp. When I go to use zone2 (audio only), which as I understand, I should be able to hear any other separate available source than the one playing in the main source, however I cannot hear any other source other than the Tuner which is a source internal to the Z9, all other sources which are external (DVD, cable, satellite) do not play through Zone2. I have followed all the instructions in the Z9 instruction book (however limited), but cannot figure out why I can only hear the Tuner, my other available sources will not play through zone2. All other sources are connected to my Z9 through a Toslink connection. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Zone 2 only plays anolog inputs.
Posted on Sep 12, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2011 | Yamaha RX-V1900 Receiver
Mar 19, 2011 | Yamaha RX-V1800
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Jun 15, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver
Jan 02, 2010 | Yamaha RX-797 Receiver
Sep 05, 2009 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver
Jun 04, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver
May 25, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V2700 Receiver
Nov 14, 2007 | Yamaha RX-Z9 Receiver
Aug 05, 2012 | Yamaha RX-Z9 Receiver
129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: