Question about LG Televison & Video
RED BUTTON GOES BLUE THEN RED (CLICKING SOUND)
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: LG 60PC1D making clicking sounds
A common problem for these is bad capacitors in the power supply, Remove the back from your Tv and look at the power supply on the left hand side.
You will see roughly around 9 x capacitors that are bulged / domed shaped on top usually these are valued at 3300uf 10V any that have bulged or leaked a brown like substance should be changed.
This will cure the problem as they overheat being sat next to a heatsink that gets very hot!
Try and change them for the same 3300uf but a higher voltage.
Hope this helps
Please rate my reply ++++
Posted on Apr 05, 2010
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
Posted on Mar 29, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2017 | LG Televison & Video
Aug 31, 2017 | LG Televison & Video
Dec 11, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Oct 09, 2015 | LG Televison & Video
Dec 10, 2014 | Pioneer PDP-5020FD 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Aug 01, 2017 | Televison & Video
Mar 19, 2011 | LG Televison & Video
Sep 13, 2010 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 05, 2010 | LG 60PC1D 60 in. Plasma Television
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: