Question about Health & Beauty
It's an old fashioned hair dryer with heat coils inside.
Two different things could have happened, one is fixable, the other not.
- Hair dryers have a 'thermal fuse' that blows out if the dryer gets too hot. It's a safety measure to prevent fires. The fuse is buried in the heating coils of the dryer, it's a silver can with a wire on each end, and a black blob on one end. It is replaceable but it is NOT easy to get to. Digikey.com and Mouser.com sell replacements, they are called 'Thermal Cut Offs' (TCOs). About a buck each. You have to match the temperature rating of the old one, usually over 400F.
- The other thing is, the wires of the heating element itself may have overheated. They are very thin, and designed to heat up (duh). But they need air blowing over them to prevent them from burning out. Cover the back of the dryer, and the wires can overheat and burn out in just a few seconds. That's not repairable, so it's time to send it to the Great Hair Salon in the sky...
Posted on Mar 02, 2015
I had on just like it and the same thing happened to me wat I did was I sent it to go fix
Posted on Sep 22, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2017 | Kenmore Dryers
Dec 14, 2014 | Refrigerators
Jun 08, 2014 | Dryers
Dec 15, 2012 | Proscan 47LB45H 47 in. LCD TV
Aug 21, 2012 | GE JTP85 Electric Double Oven
Oct 10, 2009 | Kenmore 73932 Gas Dryer
May 28, 2009 | Dryers
Nov 20, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36HS510 36" TV
Nov 19, 2007 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
1,515 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!