Question about Technics SA-EX140 Receiver

1 Answer

Overload message comes on and message to switch off power imediatly whe reciever is turned on

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,153 Answers
Re: Overload message comes on and message to switch off...

Short in ps or amps shorted. Look for burnt parts are bad caps

Posted on Aug 27, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Overload sa-tx50

Most overloads are caused by the main output devices. They will go short circuit if for example speaker wires have come into touch. Another cause is high volume or a faulty speaker. Or poor ventilation around the amp causing excess heat.
The only cure is to replace the device(s) generally located on the heat sink.

Dec 01, 2013 | Technics SA-TX50 Receiver

2 Answers

My technics receiver stop playing, and display an overload message. what do you believe the is the problem ?

If you are getting an overload problem, it indicates an output load issue. Turn receiver off! remove speaker wires from the back of the unit, this will reset the protection circuit. Now power up and turn your volume right down, If the word overload stays off it means there is a short in the wire or speaker. But! if the word overload comes on "even with the wires and speakers dis-connected" it indicates a short in one or more of the audio output ic's or transistors.

Mar 17, 2011 | Technics Audio & Video Receivers

1 Answer

Display shows overload and receiver shuts down

This means that one (or maybe more) of the amplifiers is shorted. Remove all speakers cables and try again. If you get the same message that means that one (or more) amplifiers is fried. To find which and why you will have to open the unit and test the amplifiers.

Jul 31, 2010 | Pioneer VSX-D412 Receiver

1 Answer

My reciever plays then cuts out

They don't overload from missing speakers. I'm curious, what buggered the one speaker?

Examine all of your speaker wires carefully to be sure no unintended contact is made between them and anything else.

Is "overload" being displayed?

“OVERLOAD” starts flashing on the display.

Speakers are overloaded because of high volume.

1. Press STANDBY/ON on the front panel to turn off the receiver.
2. Stop the playback source.
3. Turn on the receiver again, and adjust the volume.
Speakers are overloaded because of short circuit of speaker terminals.

Press STANDBY/ON on the front panel, then check the speaker wiring.

If “OVERLOAD” does not disappear after turning on the receiver again, unplug the AC power cord, then plug it back in again.
If speaker wiring is not short-circuited, contact your dealer.

Mar 31, 2010 | JVC RX-6042 Receiver

1 Answer

I get my receiver to about 65% volume and it turns off

Check the ohm load for the reciever, then check to see what ohms are of the speakers. make sure they match. 4ohm to 4ohm, 8ohm to 8ohm. If unit feels hot when it shuts off, it's a themal overload, put in to keep the reciever from getting damaged. It comes back on when cool right? Overload could be on its way out and shutting down at a lower temp too

Jan 05, 2010 | Yamaha RX-797 Receiver

1 Answer


Have you checked your wiring connections? Wires could possibly be touching each other making it short out and giving you that "Overload". If not that then I would say it could possibly be a fuse that has gone bad inside. ??? Just some suggestions. The reason I say that it could be the wiring is because when I hook up a system and the wires accidently touch each other it overloads the system past a certain volume. Again I would check my wires first and move on from there.

Dan Colton, Ca

Sep 24, 2008 | Pioneer SX-205 Receiver

2 Answers

Overload on Technics SA DA10

Cracked solder joints due to excessive heat cycling. Do not place in a shelf system. Top MUST be open for 1 ft. or better for proper convective cooling effect. Mine suffered same fate but repaired locally.

Feb 23, 2008 | Technics SA-DA10 Receiver

1 Answer


internal wickman fuses blown check speakers high unts tweeters\ gone short primary transistors /ic blown

Dec 31, 2007 | Technics SA-DX940

1 Answer

Overload Problem

If your rec'vr worked with the original front and rear speakers, the new speakers are either defective or ar the wrong impedance.
Also, I find this confusing: "I connected the wiring for 1 of the front speakers to the connection on the rear of the receiver". This may indicate wrong wiring connection. Make sure you have connected the speakers properly

Dec 04, 2007 | Pioneer VSX-D608 Receiver

1 Answer


From the manual, you may have seen this: Switch off the unit, determine and correct the cause, then switch the unit on. Causes include: ?Shorting (bare wires touching) of positive and negative speaker wires. ?Using speakers with an impedance lower than that rated for this unit. ?Straining of the speakers through excessive volume or power. ?Using the unit in a hot environment without proper ventilation.

Dec 01, 2006 | Panasonic SA-HE70 Receiver

Not finding what you are looking for?
Technics SA-EX140 Receiver Logo

Related Topics:

425 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Technics Audio & Video Receivers Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers


Level 3 Expert

6993 Answers


Level 3 Expert

56797 Answers

Are you a Technics Audio and Video Receiver Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides