- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the breaker. If OK, check the fuse on the circuit board and the power board, if its separate.CAUTION: Microwaves have LETHAL voltages in them 4000+ volts that can easily kill you! Make sure the unit is unplugged from the wall and that the HV Capacitor is discharged, BEFORE you touch anything
Check the fuse panel first. All the breakers may be turned off to prevent accidental blowing of fuses when hooking up power. There may also be a main breaker separate from the fuse panel. Read your manual if you have one.
Generally microwaves should be on their own breaker. Hard wired ones are required to be by code.
If yours has a plug - make sure the plug is original with the unit, not added later or spliced onto hard-wired power leads.
Plug into and outlet rated 15A as the only thing on a 15A branch circuit and try again. If it still trips, try a 20A line and circuit. If it trips that, trash the microwave and buy a new one. Nothing is meant to be repaired inside.
Verify that the power cord is properly connected the outlet; the plug might have been removed to make way for another appliance. Do not connect the microwave to an outlet via an extension cord or plug adapter; the oven must be directly connected to an outlet. Switch the Outlet on
Turn the outlet on, if possible, using the switch on the wall behind the counter or on the plug itself. Some microwaves have a separate power switch that must be in the correct position before you can begin cooking. Reset the Oven
Unplug the oven, wait a few seconds and reconnect the power. A power surge could have temporarily rendered the oven inoperable. The oven should start up as normal when you connect the plug to the outlet. Check the Fuses and Breakers
See that the fuse or breaker protecting the oven's circuit is still active. Replace the fuse if it has blown, or reset the breaker to restore power to the oven. Stop using the microwave if it repeatedly blows fuses or trips breakers.
The microwave is rated at 1100 watts (cooking power) and is required to have a 120 VAC, 60HZ power source protected with either a 15 or 20 amp breaker. It is also recommended that the outlet servcing this appliance be a dedicated circuit (meaning the oven is the only appliance on the circuit). I hope this helps you.
A microwave should be plugged into an outlet that is on a separate circuit. Make sure you didn't trip a breaker that serves this purpose. If all is well, then take your oven to an authorized servicer in your area. DO NOT attempt to let anyone but an authorized servicer to even touch it. Shock hazard with severe injury could occur.
Since power = voltage X current, 1.58kW / 120VAC = 13.166A
So this unit should be fine on a 15A breaker unless the breaker is bad, the wiring or a connection is loose somewhere between the breaker and the microwave, or the microwave's magnetron or high voltage transformer are failing and drawing extra current.
Microwaves should really be on the own separate breaker if at all possible. Plus, the more a breaker trips, the more work out it gets.
Have you measured the voltage at the outlet? If that's off, current and power will be affected. It should be about 110-125VAC.
A good power test for outlet and wiring integrity is a toaster, toaster oven, or hair dryer rated at about 1500 watts.
If it doesn't run and heat steadily, then there may be a problem with the house wiring or breaker.
If it passes this test, the problem is likely in the microwave.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.