- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since you don't indicate what you mean by "won't work", let me provide a few possibilities:
1) You close the door and you can hear the DVD spin, but no reaction on the screen other than some type of "loading" message. This indicates that the optics are attempting to read the DVD but are having difficulties. The operation may ultimately be successful and the DVD may start, but the movie will be unwatchable because of freezes etc. In this case, try cleaning the lens using a cotton swab and alcohol. A dirty lens can cause this.
2) You close the lid and do not hear the DVD spin. In this case, the optics can not even determine that a disc is in the machine. Again attempt to clean the lens. If that fails to at least cause the disc to spin, the optics have failed and need to be replaced.
3) Try a music CD. If that plays OK, but a DVD does not, then the optics are defective and need to be replaced. DVDs require a more powerful laser and will typically fail sooner than CD levels.
If there is nothing on the disc, it will read, "no disc". It will only read and/or identify discs with media loaded or burned onto it. Your unit is a player, not a DVD+R (recorder). Can record VHS, but not discs.
I have the same problem. When I insert a disk, my NAD T 550 DVD player displays 'No Disc'. It started with new disks while still reading older disks, but at some time it stopped recognizing any disk. Did you receive any suggestion yet or has anyone a suggestion?
here is the link to the user manual, troubleshooting and venturer support contact details;
Hope this helps, please post again if not :)