Question about Cycling

1 Answer

Inner tube size for a transeo gt 2.0 medium size bike

A part on my Presta Valve broke and I need to replace it. Is there a way to replace it without getting a new inner tube as well? And what size inner tube do I need for a Transeo GT 2.0 Medium size bike?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 73 Answers

Unfortunately you have to buy a new tube...The size you need is embossed on the sidewall of the tire.

Posted on Jul 10, 2013


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 1138 Answers

SOURCE: how do I remove tire from rear to replace inner

Here is a site that has all the info you need: Please let me know if this helps.

Posted on Nov 20, 2009

  • 1788 Answers

SOURCE: just bought bike and now

I recommend replacing the inner tube, the size is on your tire. I think that you should pay to have it done at a repair shop if it has gears, it will be worth it in the long run

Posted on Sep 08, 2010

  • 19 Answers

SOURCE: Hi, I cannot find enywhere inner

If you go to an electronic bike store or website you can order one online.

Posted on Sep 11, 2011

  • 10 Answers

SOURCE: What size inner tubes fit a Mongoose 29' road bike and which brand is best?


Parts For Porsche Panamera

Posted on Jun 15, 2012

  • 843 Answers

SOURCE: I need to know how to change a back inner tube on a 16" huffy bike no gears

Sue, there are lots of how-to videos out there about this. Just google "How to change bike tube" or tire, or flat. You have to remove the wheel, which is easiest with TWO wrenches - they can be the adjustable "Crescent" wrenches, but don't use pliers. You also have to remove the small screw that holds the fat little L-shaped lever to bike. Use a rag to remove the chain from the cog on the wheel. Then use the little "Tire irons" to remove the tire from the rim and get the old tube out - these come three to a set, the plastic ones are best, and you can get them at K-mart. Also, use some baby powder (talc is better than cornstarch) to make the new tube easier to position correctly in the tire - sprinkle the powder inside the tire when you have if off and put the tube in the tire before you put the tire back on the rim. It helps if you put a little air in the tube to make it a nice sausage first. And make sure you get the valve stem straight and pulled all of the way through the hole in the rim. Be very careful that you don't pinch the tube against the rim when you put the tire back on. And the hardest part might be getting a pump to hold tight onto the valve stem - using compressed air (like at a gas station) is by far the easiest method. Good luck.

Posted on Nov 06, 2012

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to attach bontrager pump to presta valve

This pump does not need any presta valve adapter, the head unit is a dual unit for both presta and schreader.

1. On the bicycle tube. Open the valve by unthreading the small metal cylinder located at the very end of the valve stem. DO NOT force the the bead to come off of its threading. A couple spins counter clockwise will do the trick.

2. Insert the valve stem into the filler head. The lever on the back of the filler head should be "down" at this time.

3. Connect the filler head to the valve stem by lifting the lever on the head "up".

4. The valve stem and the handle on the filler head are now in parallel to each other, basically inline with each other.


6. If loosing considerable air while pumping, Try reinserting the valve in to the filler head, deeper, for a more secure fit.

If the issue persists, use a presta valve adapter on the valve stem. Traditionally used to convert presta valve heads to schreader heads, for use with filler heads not compatable with presta. A one dollar part available at any bike shop. Usually used in a pinch while airing up at gas stations or with schreader only pumps.

Dec 27, 2012 | Bontrager Supercharger Floor Pump - cycle...

1 Answer

My innertube leaks air and i am no familiar with the air intake device on it

There are two kinds of valve on bicycle tubes, Presta and Schrader. You are probably more familiar with Schrader because this is the type used on cars and most bikes. And I am guessing that you have Presta on this bike (Presta is skinnier than Schrader, and it has a little nut that you unscrew, where Schrader has a spring inside it. Google images for "Presta Schrader" and you will see both kinds, and you will also see a little screw-on adaptor that you can use on a Presta to make it fit your pump or air-hose like a Schrader. You can buy these adapters on-line or at any bike store. Good luck!

Oct 03, 2012 | Fuji Bicycles Cross Comp

1 Answer

I am trying to figure out how to put air in a presta valve. The tire is just a little flat but we couldn't seem to fill it at the gas station. I think the bike may have been used when we bought it.

You can not fill a presta valve at a gas station because the valve is too small for the hose. The hose at a gas station is made to fit a schrader valve.

here just check out this video:

hope this helps.

Sep 23, 2011 | Bell Sports Bell Universal Bicycle Inner...

2 Answers

I am buying a bike pump. My Tires Kenda Comfort w/ puncture resistant K-shield 26x1.95 on The Classic Serene 2010. Do they have standard valves or presta valves. Can you recommend a floor pump for me.

Tires don't have valves. TUBES do. Can't you tell by LOOKING at them?

Either way, you should buy a pump that serves both types. Stick with name brand - Blackburn, Park Tool, Topeak. Get on the web and read some reviews.

Jul 08, 2011 | Diamondback Serene Classic Women's Sport...

1 Answer

Hi there i boufht this pump and have found that i have two different valves on my bike one is a normal one and one is a schraieder, how do i chnage the pump attachment so i can pump up the schraieder one?

You can buy an inexpensive adapter to fit on either valve stem to convert it from Presta to Schrader or from Schrader to Presta - whichever is better suited to your pump and/or your other bikes. If you want to go with Schrader as your standard (the fatter one) you can replace the tube on your wheel that has the Presta valve - but you have to enlarge the hole in the rim. If you do that be sure to make the edge of the enlarged hole nice and smooth with sandpaper. If you want to standardize on Presta, you will need a small bushing to make the existing hole in the rim smaller. I hope you found this helpful. Good luck, Al K

Jun 21, 2011 | Topeak Mini Master Blaster

1 Answer

Hello, i have one of these bikes, and need to know what type of tube i need. it came with a flat, and i am trying to find a tube, but not sure what i need. can you tell me what type of stem it has. ...

The tube has two elements to it, the size and the valve.

The size of the tube will correspond to the size on the tire. Look right on the side of the tire something like 26 x 2.0 or 700c x 23c will be written on the tire. both of these numbers tell you what size tube

The Valve is easier: you either have a Schraeder or a Presta. The Schraeder is the same as on a car the Presta is a thin metal tube with a tip you have to unscrew.

Apr 10, 2011 | Cycling

1 Answer

I have a Serfas WFP-200 Floor Pump. I don't have a manual or instructions for it. I just recently brought out my bike: women's Giant bike, which I haven't used for four years and the tires were flat. I...

you may have a presta valve which is a different compare it to the one on your car lets say if they are the same you imple place the pump nozzle on the tube and open the lever to lock in place is indeed it is presta the have a much smaller size simple open the nozzle and flip the to pieces inside to allow the pump to be presta capable ok also you will need to screw open the presta valve before trying to pump ok if its still alittle frusterating simply bring in the pump to your local bike shop and they will be more than happy to give you the low down on the pump functions ok :) happy riding ok :)

Feb 23, 2011 | Serfas Cycling

1 Answer

How do you inflate this tube with the presta valve?

The following link is a good explanation of inflating a presta valved tube if you have a pump with a presta valve head.

If you have an older pump that does not have a presta valve head, you can purchase a schrader valve adapter from your local bike shop that screws onto the presta valve and will allow you to utilize a pump with a schrader head.
A good explanation can be found here:

Feb 18, 2011 | Cycling

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cycling Logo

Related Topics:

92 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cycling Experts

Michial Gueffroy

Level 3 Expert

1138 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

John Egan
John Egan

Level 2 Expert

73 Answers

Are you a Cycling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides