- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can't. You bought a paperweight ?? The whole idea of having a safe is that it is secure. If there was some magical way to reset the combination you could do that with all the safes that have 10 grand in cash and the family he wells in them.
The only way is to take it to a locksmith and they will drill the door, open it and fit a new one. You can imagine the cost of that.
Get your money back if you can't get the combination from the seller. My bet is that they sold it to you because I gave them this information a couple of weeks ago.
To set a new combination:
The initial combination is set at the
factory to 0-0-0-0
1. Open the compartment door
2. Push the reset lever left and down.
The lever remains in this position
3. Rotate dials to your desired combination
4. Push the reset lever, up and right, back
to the original position
5. Close the key storage compartment door
6. Scramble the combination dials to lock
the door and conceal your combination
7. Close the shutter door
1. Open the lock with the factory preset combination of 0005.
2. Find the tab on the end of the part of the locking mechanism that has the numbers.
Combination Reset Tab
3. Flip the tab up (with the combination set to the open combination). When you flip the tab up, you disengage the number dials from the tumblers, so that you can reset the combination without changing the position of the tumblers.
4. Change the combination to the desired combination.
5. Flip the tab back down. The dials are now re-engaged with the tumblers.
Instructions are included with every combination lock, however if you have lost them, please refer to our instructions which can be downloaded at the respective product page. If you have set the combination once, you will need to remember this combination when resetting again (i.e. replace the 0-0-0 in the instructions with the combination you chose).
Hi, by reset, do you mean you have the combination but want to change it? If so, then you need the special combination change key that came with the safe and the instruction manual (there are copies of the manual online if you don't have that)
If the door is open, but you don't have the combination, there is a technique for finding the combination.
Step 1. With the cap closed, set the numbered dials to the combination line. The factory preset combination is "000". Step 2. While maintaining the combination in place,
rotate the "RESET" dial indicator beneath the letters approximately 90
degrees to line-up with the combination line. If the correct combination
is not set, the "RESET" dial will not rotate. Note: Using excessive force can damage the dials. Step 3. Set the new combination while maintaining the position of the "RESET" dial. Step 4. While maintaining the combination in place,
rotate the "RESET" dial back to the original position. The combination
has been changed.