Question about Samsung Televison & Video
The HDMI port at the back isnt working unless i balance the cable higher than it, the skart plug has been playing up too, so i think i need a new board in the back. but dont know where to buy one?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
yes sir..i think you must looking and buy VGA adapter 15 to HDMI complete with the HDMI cable set. you can find this adapter at the computer spare part store or electronic part store. not cheap but very usefull for you in the next day.
is very easy to connecting...plug you adapter to the output VGA VAIO.. connect the HDMI cable to adapter (like USB) and the rest to the input at your samsung lcd...good luck..
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
you have to re sync your playstation when you go from HDMI to regular wires.
after you connect ps3 to tv.
hold down the power buttondown on the ps3 for like 5 seconds (1 beep then another ),
after you hear a second beep the ps3 automoatically adjusts itself to whatever it's connected to.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Just reset the TV found out how here: http://www.danielcoburn.com/uncategorized/westinghouse-1080p-42-lcd-tv-hdmi-stopped-working-fix/
Hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
Installing a new software update will this issue. All you need is a compatible USB flash drive. Go to support on Sony.com. Look up your tv model and if there is an update, just follow the instructions to install it yourself. I have a KDL-46S5100 and this worked great. The download and instructions page I used was : http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=4769#install
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2014 | Samsung LN32A330 32 in. LCD TV
Mar 23, 2011 | Acer Aspire AS5530-5824 Laptop
Mar 07, 2011 | Samsung LN-T2632H 26 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 05, 2011 | Insignia 42" LCD Flat-Panel HDTV
Feb 28, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Apr 26, 2010 | Samsung LN-R409D 40 in. LCD Television
Nov 26, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 17, 2009 | Hanns.G Corporation HW191D 19" LCD Monitor
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!