I started a load of laundry,small load,,it worked fine until there was 1 min remaing so i hit the pause cancel button to pull laundry out but then i noticed that the light was still on for rinse cycle,,so i hit the button to restart but it wouldnt do it, so then i hit the cancel button and nothing cleared so i rehit the start hold button,then nothing so i again hit the cancel button,its still blinking on 1 min remaing but nothing is happening what do i do
Try pressing the pre-wash, extra rinse and timer buttons all at the same time and this should take off the child lock it worked on my LG washer Model No. WM12235FB after I leaned against it and put on the child lock by accident.
I think you may have accidentally put it into Child Lock mode which will remain until you unlock it. Read you owner's manual I came across this info while looking for something else and had no idea this feature would lock you out of operating the buttons on the machine as well as opening the door.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: i need help
Un plug your machine for an hour if you can open the door open it and then put the machine plug back in with the door open keep it open till the machine comes on then put the program to what you want and then shut the door it then should be ok its called a reset try it hope this solves your problem
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello Mary Fortner - It means that the washer has been paused; the cycle has been interrupted. Either the "Pause/Cancel" button or "Start/Pause" button has been pressed. To resume wash - press "Pause/Cancel" or "Start/Pause" once. If this does not prove to be successful please turn the breaker to the unit off for 5 minutes. Then turn the breaker back on to the unit, and retry the cycle setting again.
Remove the power plug and keep aside. Keep the sart button pressed on to discharge. After 15 minutes switch on the washer while holding the pause/cancel button.
If the set does not come back to life it iis possible that the main board has encountered some errors.
Repeat the procedure after some time.
error code indicates that an unbalanced load is detected. if
the load is unbalanced, the washer will display this code while attempting to
balance the load at the end of the wash cycle and before the final spin. If the
code remains and the wash cycle dial is flashing after the recovery routine has
stopped, open lid and redistribute the load. Close lid and press Start/Pause. If
the washer is not level, the washer may be more sensitive to
unbalanced loads. The washer must be level from side to side and from front to
back. The front and rear feet must be in firm contact with the
floor. Make sure the locknuts are tightened. If
Power/Cancel or Pause/Cancel does not work Unplug the washer or disconnect the power for
one minute. Plug
in the washer or reconnect the power. Re-select
the cycle and press Start/Pause.
As far as the "signal" activation or de-activation goes, it should be performed before starting a load of laundry and it is as follow's...
1) Turn the program selector to any program as you would doing laundry. Add your items...
2) When you close the door the "start/pause" light flashes...
3) Press the "menu" button until the signal indicator is displayed and flashes ( a small speaker symbol ) as does the start/pause light. If no buttons are pressed within 10 seconds, the current setting will be saved.
4) Press the "select" button until the desired volume or "off" is reached/displayed.
5) Press the "start/pause" button so the program starts and the setting is saved after the cycle has completed.
As for the "key" symbol, your washer has a "child lock" program and the symbol indicates it has been activated.
Here`s how to deactivate it...
1) Press the "menu" button until you see "CHILD LOCK :ON" appear in the display. ( if nothing is pressed within 10 sec.following this the menu will close and it will default to program in the display )
2) Once you see what I just mentioned in the display press the "select" button until "CHILD LOCK :OFF" appears in the display.
3) Finally by pressing the "start/pause" button the key symbol should disappear confirming you have successfully exited the child lock program.
Let me know if this was helpful to you or not, if so please take a second and rate it accordingly.
Thank you for visiting "fixya" for your washer solution inquiry.
The diagnostic test is performed by using the Program Knob. To START THE TEST:
• On non-digital display models, turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.
• On digital display models, turn the Program Knob to start position, Touch Up. (NOTE: If the model has a timer dial that
can be rotated 360°, turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.
• Press Pause Cancel to turn off LEDs.
• Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and Pause Cancel buttons until LEDs start sequentially chasing, then
ok try first to make sure the detergent drawer is closed tight if its not will stop washer is the door locked some times you have to close them firmly make sure the lock light is on hit pause cancel twice then try washer