Question about Computers & Internet
My ibm ps/1 2121 does not turn on, I can hear the fan go once and stops. Nothing shows up on the screen and it won't light up. Is it the monitor, or the computer? The monitor does not light up or does anything, but I can hear it warm up.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
press f8 after boot up ,then select option enable vga,then when it start go to control panel,
un-install the display drivers,restart and reinstall them.
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
hi thanks for using fixya!
I recommend that you bring your laptop to a service center to further check the hard ware of your laptop.
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
i have this problem 2 days ago.. and this works on me... maybe on your's too you may need to flash your bios. why need to flash the bios.. ? 1. had the black screen of death. or deleted the bios how to flash the bios: STEP 1.download the AA1 BIOS from this link: http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/AS1_BIOS_3309.zip 2. extract the file 3. rename the file 3309.fd to zg5ia32.fd 4. put zg5ia32.fd and FLASHIT.EXE onto the usb drive now, start the process STEP 2 A. make sure the power cable is in B. the laptop is turned OFF C. Plug the usb stick in! STEP 3: Press and HOLD down the FN and ESC key together then press the power button, while holding the buttons release the power button and continue holding FN and ESC for about 5 seconds release the buttons and the power light will start to blink let the laptop run and DO NOT PRESS anything this can take upto 8 mins when it's done the laptop will restart. this works on me... good luck.. and i hope it will help you.....
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
You can try the following steps:
1. Unplug the power from the laptop and remove the battery then press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds
2. Put the battery back in, turn on the laptop without plugging the power to the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue)
3. Remove the battery and press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds, after that, plug the power cord and turn on the laptop (if this didn't resolve the issue)
4. Remove the power cord and press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds, disconnect the Hard drive and turn on the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue) reconnec the hard drive
5. Remove the Optical Drive and turn on the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue) reconnect the optical drive
6. Remove the memory chip, if you have 2 memory chips installed in the 2 memory slots (remove both of them) now test each one of the memory to each slots turning on the laptop. (If this didn't resolve the issue) Put the memory chip back in. (Clean the slots if there are large amounts of dust)
7. Reseat the CPU and try to make sure that it's installed properly. Turn on the laptop and test if it's gonna work (If this didn't resolve the issue)
8. Reseat the power cords coming from the power supply of the laptop and test the laptop. (If this didn't resolve the issue)
9. Disconnect everything and just leave the CPU installed and turn on the laptop.
10. If all else fails, there's a big possibility that the problem may be with the power supply or the motherboard of the laptop.
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
-Take out the battery,
-Remove main supply,
-Hold power button down for 30 secs,
-Put only power supply in, do not put battery in
-Turn laptop on
-Put the battery in
Check your AC power adapter. Is it snugly plugged into the wall or surge protector? Make sure the connection is made and it is not loose. Also, try connecting the power adapter into a different wall outlet.
Laptop power not working -::> click HERE
Posted on Apr 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2012 | HP Recertified - G62-229WM 15.6" Windows 7...
Aug 28, 2012 | IBM ThinkPad T30 2366 Notebook
Apr 22, 2012 | Sony Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2012 | IBM Lenovo ThinkPad X40 Notebook
Feb 12, 2012 | Wharfedale Televison & Video
Jul 10, 2009 | IBM Computers & Internet
Jul 10, 2009 | IBM Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad A21m 2628 Notebook
Jan 29, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad T40 2373 Notebook
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!