Question about Washing Machines
The door won't open, clothes inside. How to open it?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
well i had a bosch machine once and had the same problem. have uyou tried emtying the filter at the bottom of the machine? do you have your machine empty through waste desposal under the sink? well look there may be a sock, jewellery,money, anything small that could block it. if it isnt that then try to check that there isnt a leak. kind regards raggs.
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
hi if you look on the main bosch web site you can find a list of manuels for bosch washing macine witch are free to down load in pdf format hope this helps tim automan.
Posted on May 23, 2009
Do the following.
4. Proceed by checking the drain hose for proper connection and kinks and make sure that it is not blocked.
5. Also check that the main waste drain pipe, if you use one, is not blocked and clean if required.
6. Reconnect the power and switch the machine on.
If the problem persists then do the following.
7. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
8. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure it is operational.
9. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage.
10. Makes sure the pump appears clear and that the impeller looks in good condition.
11. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
12. If problem has not been corrected, then remove the pump and check that the drive coupling to the motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. If all is well then replace the pump.
Posted on Nov 06, 2009
This advice is for Kenmore Elite and Whirlpool Duet model front loading washers. If you experience a problem where the door becomes jammed and will not unlock or open, here's an easy way to gain access inside your washer WITHOUT calling the repairman.
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will make access to the screws much easier.
2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose.
3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located.
4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.
Sometimes these doors will not unlock for whatever reason. If there are no error codes being generated, this could have just been a momentary glitch. If you see "Fdl" "DLE" or "Fdu" error codes, these are usually indications of a failed door latch assembly and will require replacement.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2012 | Samsung SMH9187 Microwave Oven
Jun 26, 2012 | Bosch Washing Machines
Aug 28, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Jan 20, 2011 | Bosch Axxis+ WFR 2460 Front Load Washer
Jan 25, 2010 | Bosch Washing Machines
Oct 13, 2009 | Bosch Washing Machines
Jan 19, 2008 | Washing Machines
Dec 29, 2007 | Washing Machines
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!