Question about Technics Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

An7073 ic i can't find this ic to replace the only way is that i have to find any similar ic can u tell me what other ic will work in my device please guide me the ic is an 7073 but in my country its impossible to have or order it i need to find a similar ic that i can fix my amplifier please guide me thanks

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Technics Master
  • 5,151 Answers

I'm not Shure what you mean when you say "impossible to order". There are plenty of internet suppliers you just need to type in AN7073, to Google to find them. Because the device is widely available it's unlikely to have a replacement type just yet. In any case not all equivalents are suitable. And often it's best to fit the actual type even if you can find a cheaper version. I recommend you contact Technics. They should be able to overcome whatever problem you have in getting the part delivered.

Posted on Jul 10, 2013


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My compaq 610s power board has a burnt surface mounted device Q9036 its a 4pin I.c how do you replace this part or get this smds.

I'll Suggest you to go for New board because once you repair Board there is no guarantee how ong it'll work. And about ics, It is very difficult to get this board ICS to buy.

Aug 11, 2012 | Compaq Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer

It is possible one of the IC's failed.

You can apply an audio signal to the input and with a small amplifier with speaker you can trace through the circuit to locate which IC failed.

The input to the small amp split iattach 2 wires pr test least leads from a meter, ground the ground lead of the little amp to the mixer chassis, and then with the other wire/test lead trace the defective channel 1 IC at a time until you lose signal.

If you download the IC's data sheet, Most likely a 4558 typse, you can speed the testing by simly testing at the amplifier inputs and output of each section of the IC. When you lose the signal, you found the offending IC- use the other channel for compairison.

Digikey has a site search, so you can enter the number on the IC to find if they carry it, or a similar IC, and who makes it- on the item specification page there is a link to the datasheet. While they may not have all of them, they have quite a few.

Apr 01, 2012 | Behringer Music

1 Answer

I have a Pioneer VSX-305 receiver. I blew channel A speaker outputs by allowing speaker wires to touch. Everything else works. Can anyone tell me what it takes to fix this. (I am an electrical engineer...

Without a Sams Photofact or a service manual I would go directly to the Power IC which is the largest Integrated Circuit mounted to a large heat sink. If you see any fuses they are probably for the power supply since any fused circuit on the speaker output would be ineffective because the IC would be damaged before the fuse would blow, but you need to check them anyway. Since the short was at the speaker output your problem should be at the final stage of amplification, which is the Power Amp IC. Prior to the early 70's you would have transistors mounted to a heat sink which could be individually checked and replaced. Then manufactures started to use the Power Amp IC which are more costly but eliminate having to find matched pair transistors. All you can check on the Power Amp IC is if you have an input using an oscilloscope or signal tracer and the power to the IC. If you have an input signal and power to the device with no output, I would replace the IC. Unless you have a test circuit for the IC you cannot test it completely unless you have a device like a Huntron Tracker or build a test circuit using a signal generator and a power supply to measure the gain of the IC with an oscilloscope. Short of ordering a service manual this is a good place to start.

Aug 15, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

It seems when my Humminbird 1197 fish finder gets very hot is flashes a "no gps fix". This just started happening this week while on vacation and it was on all day in 90 degree heat. When I take...

This is a common semiconductor failure mode called 'thermal runaway.' Manufacturing of complex parts has become very predictable and while they may be tested for function, only military specification parts are tested for this kind of failure.
While you could probably isolate the part (likely an IC) using a hair dryer, then freeze spray, you probably could not replace it since many devices have custom ICs in them that may not be available from other than the manufacturer and may be 'surface mount' placed and soldered by robots making manual replacement challenging if not impossible.
This isn't a good prospect for a DIY repair.

Jun 25, 2011 | GPS

1 Answer

When the samsung tv is switched off and switched on the volume goes to 100. what component to be replaced on the board

It an IC that controls the amplitude to your volume. It's purpose is to regulate the volume and lower it for like commericals that will blow you out of the chair, and raise it for the mushy love scenes. It usually doesn't work when it's new and about the only time it does anything is when it does what you described. It's probably incorprated into a larger IC now. I could fix it, but I don't think they will let you e-mail a TV. Don't get taken for to big of a ride in there. Tell the TV Tech that the volume Limiting IC or the part of the IC that has that function in it is malfunctioning. Ask if that function is in a seperate IC or incorparted with another bigger IC!
Get an extimate-figure how long you have had it and see if it's cost effective to fix that vs buying a new one. The average life is 10 years, However most will last longer, Tech's note--The hardest thing that be done to a computer or TV is to be turned on and off! dhgill1949

May 22, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

My projection TV has a convergence and vertical problem. Bottom of the screen is not fully covered. I tried replacing the two output ICs (STK). But not much of improvement. I think it needs adjustments...

First, register settings do not change by themselves. As a professional service tech, I do not recommend a consumer attempt to do an electrical alignment of the eprom settings. Apparently you have not found what circuit is causing your problem. Why dont' you try this first. You will have to locate the B+ line for the the ic's and look for any open pico fuses. Then look for any burned resistors around the ic's, replace as needed. It seems like this is a little more than you can handle. Might be better to call in the pro's at this time so no other damage follows. The replacement of the ic's should have rectified 90% of your original problem and if it didn't, you have other problems.

Apr 21, 2011 | Televison & Video

2 Answers

Technics amp su-vx800 goes in to protection mode after approx. 10 to 15 mins of play depending on the volume level.switch it off for 2 mins and it operates again.Could this be a faulty muting ic AN7073, a...

yes it can, it sounds like its over heating, make sure that your product is able to get fresh circulated / cooler air
if it already is, then it probably is a faulty product.

Nov 22, 2008 | MA Audio Hard Kore HK-898 Car Audio...

1 Answer

Sony tv model no. KV - 19 APR 2

This is for a different model, but I had thin horizontal lines in red and had to adjust the tube for red. You may have a similar adjustment on your set.

Aug 01, 2008 | Sony KP-48V80 48" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Problem with screen

There is a problem with the vertical circuit. If you are comfortable with soldering, you should be able to fix this yourself. Look for a small flat IC attached to a heatsink. It will be marked LA7837 or something similar. This is the vertical IC. Try resoldering the pins on the IC. If that fails to resolve the problem, replace it. Report back here if there are other issues.

May 23, 2008 | RCA 36V430T 36" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

78 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Technics Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

5151 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

T-Comtech Repairs
T-Comtech Repairs

Level 2 Expert

417 Answers

Are you a Technics Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides