Question about Tektronix Phaser 780P Laser Printer
It won't print because this error keeps occurring. I understand an error 12 could mean many things and had a printer repair person come out twice and he couldn't figure it out. I could use some enlightenment please!
I really don't think there's much else you can do at this point. I can find nothing about this error, and if Xerox has already sent a tech out twice, I think this has become a money pit for you. However, you should be able to sell it for parts. You have the 780 Plus, right? That comes with the extra 128megs of memory, which sells well on eBay. Or, you could just sell the whole non-working unit on eBay for parts. There are quite a few people who buy up non working printers and tear them apart to use in their repair shops, or take parts from two different printers to make one working one to resell. Sorry I can't give you better news. I scoured the net and only found information you've already looked at.
Posted on Aug 30, 2007
Try this :) http://www.office.xerox.com/userdoc/P780/P780man/7803a.htm
Posted on Aug 25, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2016 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 24, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 10, 2016 | Konica Minolta "Minolta Bizhub 363 Copier,...
[CE40] Image quality control test pattern abnormality
(1) Use "Image quality control abnormal detection counter Y to K display/0 clearing (08-573 to 576)"to check the abnormal occurring condition for each color.
(2) Check "Output value display of image quality sensor / Low-density pattern (05-391-0 to 3)" to
check if the low-density pattern abnormality occurs for each color. The values under 320 for Y, M
and C, and under 220 for K are defined as low-density pattern abnormality.
(3) Check "Output value display of image quality sensor / High-density pattern (05-390-0 to 3)" to
check if the high-density pattern abnormality occurs for each color and identify the color which
pattern is abnormal. If the value is 630 or above, it is defined as high-density pattern abnormality.
(4) Set the values of "Image quality closed-loop control / Contrast voltage (08-556)" and "Image
quality closed-loop control / Laser power (08-557)" to "0" (Invalid).
(5) Perform "Enforced performing of image quality open-loop control (05-394)".
(6) Output the image quality control test pattern (04-270) more than one time and check the patch of the color identified in step (3) to see if the image is abnormal.
(7) Replace the image quality sensor.
(8) Set the values of "Image quality closed-loop control / Contrast voltage (08-556)" and "Image
quality closed-loop control / Laser power (08-557)" to "1" (Valid).
(9) Perform "Enforced performing of image quality open-loop control (05-394)" and make sure it is
completed normally. (Error [CE40] does not appear.)
(10) Clear all "Image quality control abnormal detection counter Y to K display/0 clearing (08-573 to 576).
Apr 12, 2011 | Toshiba Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 25, 2010 | Samsung CLP 300 Laser Printer
Dec 29, 2009 | HP LaserJet 8500 Color Printer
Aug 17, 2009 | Canon iPF700 InkJet Printer
Dec 01, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 27, 2008 | HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer
Mar 02, 2017 | Tektronix Phaser 780P Laser Printer
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!