Question about RCA MM36110 36" TV

1 Answer

Out of Focus

Picture is out of focus regardless of what is inputting, ie: vga,coax or composite rca. Is there a focus adjustment that can be made thru the back case?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,153 Answers
Re: Out of Focus

Yes most of all tv's have focus blocks or Flybacks with screen and focus controls on them. Some sets have it where you can do it with back of set attached and some you have to take back off to adjust. Either way you have to be very careful, because you are dealing with High Voltage and can harm you as well as your set. It will be marked Focus and the other will be screen, Scr. is what lights or Darkens a set. Do not move this unless it is needed. You will need a mirror or someone looking and tell you to stop.

Posted on Aug 25, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Mitsubishi TV input's shot/dead?

tried to use other cable wire.if still the same problem it could be a problem in the board. check first a loose or cold solder joints and replaced the crt socket in the picture tube.

Aug 18, 2012 | Mitsubishi Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

How to set up vhs taping

Most VCRs need to be connected in a daisy chain or a splitter from your input source. (You may need a tuner with some VCRs these days; either a digital to analog converter for a VCR with an NTSC tuner or a different tuner source.)

If you have analog cable or a cable box with coax out and a VCR with an NTSC tuner, use the daisy chain method. Connect the incoming cable or the coax out from the cable box to the VCR's coax input. Then connect the VCR coax out to the TVs coax input.

For a VCR without a tuner, you'll probably find a RCA composite video line in option on the VCR. Connect your cable box or converter box composite output to the VCR composite in. For an OTA source, you'll need a splitter to send the signal to both the TV and the converter box.

Most TVs do not have a video output option.

I hope this helps.

Cindy Wells

Mar 08, 2012 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV

1 Answer

How do i connect my ps3 to a rca colortrak xs model number f27250bc

If you only have coax input and you don't have composite or component input on your tv, can't hook up to tv. You can buy an rf modulator for rca video out.

Nov 27, 2011 | Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer

Is there a focus for my F19251GY TV

Yes, of course there it is in every TVs. The focus adjustment in TVs determine the clarity of the display. It is a service adjustement and if you want to adjust it you should open your TV. It can be located at the Line Output Transformer [LOT], and integrated to it.
There will be two adjustable controls can be seen on the LOT. Out of which one is Focus control, and other is Screen control. Both are marked. Normally Focus control is placed on the top side and Screen control to bottom. Both controls are interactive, that is adjusting one will effect the other a little.
If your TV is out of focus, you just open its back cover and locate the said control. It will be usually marked as focus. Adjust a little while looking at picture to get a well defined focus. For this adjustment, take its menu display as reference rather than a moving object. Adjust it to get a well defined display. Place a mirror in front of your TV, so that you can see the image on it from back side.
A defective CRT [picture tube base] "socket" may also be the cause out of focus picture. It can be located on the base card of your TV, and can be detached from it desodered. If the above said adjustments did not give any results, the CRT Base may be defective. If base socket is defective, you can hear a very slght "shhhh" noice from it as you advance the focus control. Try to find out and rectify the problem. Ok

Oct 26, 2010 | RCA F19251GY 19" TV

2 Answers

Want to hook up Zenith converter box with RCA F25432 TV

Generally you just use either the F port (used often for cable or coaxial connections) or the RCA (composite) inputs.

Jan 05, 2009 | Zenith C27A24T 27" TV

1 Answer

TV, RCA MOD # F19424, CTC 203U5, Picture blury

Focus and Screen. The focus control may help, just like focusing a set of binoculars or an old camera. Watch the picture on the TV, using a mirror can help and make an adjustment until the picture is as clear as you can get it. If it still is not clear it may mean that your picture tube is weak.
If you can avoid it, don't touch the Screen control. If you have, let me know and I can advise you on the proper way to adjust it.

Oct 09, 2008 | RCA Standard (CRT) Televisions

1 Answer


Focus control is on the Flyback there is 2 adjustments one is screen drive other is focus turn it untill you have clear picture.

Sep 03, 2008 | RCA F32450 32" TV

1 Answer

Getting vga pic

ck for correct input. composite video on tv.

Aug 03, 2008 | RCA F26317 TV

1 Answer

Rca wide screen tv

it sounds like your convergence alignment has shifted or you can adjust the screen and focus controls to see if they respond,if the colors or haze gets better or worse with the screen and focus adjustments ,loook at a cap in the screen circuit it should be 10mfd 250v cap the feeds the neck board,

Dec 22, 2007 | RCA 32F531T 32" TV

1 Answer

Tilted for cleaning, evry problem fixed,one problem rose

Hello, What you may have is a focus control issue. You just may have to only adjust your focus control. You can find it on your IHVT. Try adjusting it first. if it takes care of the problem great. However if it does not, we are going to have to do some troubleshooting in that area to find out what the voltages are. Do you have a schematic of the TV in question? If not you will have to get one. Ok first try to adjust the focus control. BTW dod you have electronics experience? If not, I would suggest taking this to a TV repair shop since the area we may be working in is the HV section and poses a shock hazard.

Sep 05, 2007 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA MM36110 36" TV Logo

Related Topics:

76 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Standard (CRT) Televisions Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

66537 Answers

John mullen

Level 2 Expert

229 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2963 Answers

Are you a RCA Standard (CRT) Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides