The instructions say that the "removable lid is dishwasher safe." I would love to run it through the dishwasher.There is nowhere in the instructions, however, that says how to actually remove it. Any suggestions?
On each of the hinges where the lid attaches, if you look at it from the back there is a catch tab. If you push the little tab, the hinge will release. You should feel it give a little when you push in...you shouldn't have to push so hard like you are going to break it, but you do have to push in deep enough to release the catch.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the Euro Pro F1066 and love it. But, I called the Euro Pro people and found that there is NO replacement filter. If you go to their site and put in the model number, it shows only the following accessories can be ordered. This is from the Eoro Pro site:
Oil Container & Lid
Replacement Fryer Basket
Replacement Control Panel with Element (1700 Watts - U.S. unit)
Replacement Basket Handle
Call 1-800-798-7395 to order
So, the only way to get a new filter is to purchase the Oil Container & Lid which would come with a new filter in the lid. I am trying to figuire a way to rework the original filter but have had no luck so far. I hope this helps answer your question ;-)
We had same issue. My husband just unscrewed and removed the metal plate from the bottom of the unit looking for a solution. The reservoir cannot be removed. The heating coil is permanently attached (welded?) to the bottom of the reservoir. It is obvious, now, that the reservoir is not intended to be removed.
Ignore the statements in manual that say the oil reservoir is dishwasher safe and not to remove it until it's cool. They do not apply to this model.
The problem is that the heating element and front control panel is not sitting in correctly. Remove the heating element/front control panel. Grab the heating element and gently pull it away from the control panel. Use care as you can break the elements off of the control panel. Reinsert and attempt to close the lid. If it does not close, then repeat this process being careful to not over bend the elements. The lid uses two plastic extensions to latch to the control panel and if the control panel is extended away from the fryer front, the lid will not latch. Also the fryer will not work as there are sensors in the control panel to sense if it is close enough to the fryer.
You might have figured out how to do this by now, but here's the answer anyway.
There are two slots that the lid's hinge pins slide into. To remove the lid for cleaning or otherwise, tilt the lid at a 45-degree angle and pull it towards the front of the machine. To put the lid back, simply reverse these directions. CAUTION: Make sure that the hinge pins are completely inserted into their respective slots before carefully lowering the lid. Not doing so could bend them or break them off and would ruin the lid.
How can I clean my fryer?
- Unplug from outlet and allow unit to cool. Always turn control to OFF then disconnect plug from wall outlet BEFORE disconnecting BREAK-AWAY CORD.
- Clean the outside of the fryer and lid with a damp cloth. CAUTION: Do not use abrasive pads or alcohol to clean the fryer.
- Remove basket handle, if one is included. Frying basket can be washed in hot soapy water.
- Rinse and towel dry carefully.
- Pour out oil and discard properly.
- Wipe the inside with paper towels to absorb excess grease. Wash interior of fryer with hot soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. CAUTION: Never immerse the fryer in water or wash in running water. If you own a fryer with a removable bowl or other removable parts, refer to the Owner?s Guide for your specific fryer to determine which parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher.