- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unfortunately the display would need to be replaced. I have had to replace many in the past. Fairly simple to do if you have any phones with other problems but a working display. The display is connected by a ribbon cable and is easy to remove and replace.
Also if you have a display that is showing strange symbol/number combination replace the 4 wire line cord with a two wire line cord. For some reason that seems to help.
Does the LCD not work at all? or do you mean that it doesn't display Caller ID information? If the LCD is completely dead, you'll need to get the phone repaired. On the other hand, if it's just the Caller ID that's on the fritz, try this: unplug the base from the power socket; remove any batteries in both the base and the handset; wait one minute; plug the base back into the wall and replace all batteries. This will reset the Caller ID so it works again. (Depending on the phone you may or may not lose settings and memorized numbers.) If this doesn't help, the problem will require a professional repair.
first thing is use a hair drier, If you had a air compressor that may be the best. unplug it take out batteries right away. Place what ever you have over something warm. in the sum just don'nt forget to bring it in. Do not plug it in for 3 days if still sealed like a phone. you must have heat over 110 degrees for water to evaporate. A watch on your had will only dy out if you wear if for a few days. Leave the watch down on dreser for a few days, you will loose it to corossion because a lot of water like a drop in a watch needs heat to evaporate it out of the tiny crakes in electronics. Water will normally short electronics out right away. Only thing I know that survives a lot of water from storms or spills are radios.
These 3829's do that often. After about 1 year or so of use, something fails internally, resulting in the symptom you see. Sometimes you get "Er" on the display, or the machine simply won't pick up and answer the call. Bottom line - this model's not very good. Ditch it.
Turn off your phone and then remove the battery. Press the power on button of your phone without the battery, just hold it for a few seconds. This will drain static electricity on your phone. After that, place the battery back and then power on your phone. See if it works.
i think you have just explained everyones agony when it comes down to "1 Yr Warranty"
They design the phone to work at least 1 year... and in most cases... they work for 13months...
In this "throw-away" society, id recommend to just purchase new devices.
The cost for repair is simply replacement....