Question about HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone
Pls send me the settings for AIRTEL GPRS settings. Customer care of AIRTEL tells automatic config not available. They donot send manual settings either. Poor show.AIRTEL.
THIS SHOULD HELP U......
On Windows Mobile 6.x, the steps to configure are as follows:
1. Activate Airtel Live by sending the following SMS to 121: MASALA ACTIVE.
2. The service takes atleast 3-4 hours to get active. Restart the phone and resume configuring.
3. Tap Start -> Settings.
4. Select Connections Tab and tap Connections.
5. Select Advanced Tab, tap Select Networks button to bring up Network Management.
6. Under "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:" drop down, tap the New button.
7. In the General Tab, type the name of the settings as Airtel Live
8. Select Modem tab, tap New...
9. Type the name of connection as Airtel Live, select the modem as Cellular Line (GPRS) and tap Next.
10. Type Access Point Name as airtelfun.com and tap next.
11. Leave username, password and domain blank and tap finish.
12. Select Proxy Settings tab. Tap "This network connects to the Internet". This should enable the next check box option.
13. Tap "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet".
14. Type the proxy server as: 18.104.22.168 and then tap Advanced...
15. Tap HTTP, leave the server as 22.214.171.124 and change the port to 8080
16. Similarly tap WAP, Secure WAP and Socks, type the server as 126.96.36.199 but leave the port to defaults. These are optional settings.
17. Tap OK to close the Advanced proxy setup screen.
18. Tap OK to close the New connection screen.
19. The network management screen should now list the new connection you have created in the drop-down. Tap OK to close this screen
20. Tap OK to close the connection screen.
Now you are ready to fire your favourite browser. I have tested this on PIE as well as Opera 9.5 and it works for me.
If PIE reports "Request not authorized by the WAP Gateway", you will need to change the user-agent to anything you can think of using "Advanced Config" tool (thanks to dsixda for suggesting this). I had set it to HTCP3452_Mozilla/4.0 under Advanced Config -> Internet Explorer -> User Agent Custom Base.
I think Airtel has intentionally blocked Mozilla/4.0 user-agent on WM phones. It may be that they cannot restrict Windows Mobile based phones from accessing websites on standard HTTP. On other phones I had tried, I could not get other sites to work with the same settings.
Enjoy Airtel Live for free.
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
i can help u regarding this issue.
first of all i need some questions to be answered.
1.do u have the gprs service activated?
2.did u configure the settings manually?
the main thing is if u r trying to activate or access the wap connection on ur htc touch p3450/p3452 then forget about this problem as htc touch does not support wap gateway.
if u r connecting to airtel gprs internet services then follow the below procedure.
if u have the service activated then navigate as directed below and change the settings accordingly.
go to start-->settings--->connections--->network wizard-->follow the step by step instructions and it will configure to the settings automaically.
other wise start-->settings--->connections--->create new connection and follow the steps-->apn of airtelgprs is airtelgprs.com
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2011 | HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone
May 20, 2011 | HTC S740 Smartphone
Feb 19, 2011 | HTC Touch Viva Cell Phone
Aug 02, 2010 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
Dec 10, 2009 | HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone
Nov 18, 2009 | HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone
Aug 02, 2009 | HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone
May 13, 2009 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
Dec 30, 2008 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
Apr 19, 2008 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
6,922 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: