- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This process erases from your Nokia 9300 all of your user data and
settings, including your phone book, calendar, email, downloads,
recordings, and certain factory installed programs such as Instant
Messaging and BlackBerry Connect.
REMEMBER: Create a device data backup or synchronization before formatting.
You can restore device data and settings later. See the Nokia 9300 User Guide for further instructions.
STEP 1 - Format the Nokia 9300 memory
* Remove the battery for 10 seconds
* Replace the battery
* Open the Nokia 9300 to view the inside display
* When you see the screen with "NOKIA" in blue text,
* Press and hold the following four keys until a Format Message is displayed:
CRTL + Shift + F
* Confirm the process by selecting Format
* Formatting will begin
* After formatting is complete the Nokia 9300 will reboot with some
basic settings. If prompted, accept the request to reboot
* Follow the instructions on your Nokia 9300 to set the time, date and city and to enter your contact information.
STEP 2 - Download the install-cingular-default-603.SIS to a compatible PC.
STEP 3 - Prepare a Multimedia Memory Card (MMC)1
* Transfer the .sis file from your PC to your device using MMC,
data cable, Bluetooth or infrared. For instructions see the Nokia 9300
STEP 4 - Install the file install-cingular-default-603.SIS to your Nokia 93002
Note: This step is required to install Cingular specific settings and programs to your Nokia 9300.
* Insert the Multimeda Memory Card created in Step 2 to your Nokia 9300.
* Replace the battery cover (so the Nokia 9300 can read the MMC)
* Open your device, then open the File Manager:
Press the Desk application key
Scroll to and select Office
Scroll to and open File Manager
* Using the arrow keys, scroll to Memory Card
* Highlight the file install-cingular-default-603.SIS
* Press Open to start the installation process
* Follow and accept all prompts and requests
* Reformatting is now complete
(1) You may choose to install the file above using Nokia PC Suite.
Please see the Nokia 9300 User Guide for general instructions to
install software using Nokia PC Suite, and follow those instructions
instead of Step 4 above.
(2) CAUTION: The .sis file above is ONLY intended for use with a Nokia
9300 with the appropriate software version. DO NOT install this file to
a Nokia 9300 with any other software version. DO NOT install this file
to any other model device.
try to format it via thish code remove sim and memory and also battery press ctrl+shift+f+on off swith and insert battery phone ask u format. try thish if ur fault solve dont forgate thanx note:u can lose ur data
1. Switch off the phone.
2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (call answer button, * button, and ‘3′ button.
3. While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone.
4. When the message ‘Formatting’ appears on the screen, release all of the buttons. Method: 2 ( Hard Format)
1. Switch off the phone.
Try these ways.: *#7780# (*#rst0*) - This will soft reset your phone. It is different from *#7370# because all data, like contacts, calendar and notes, are not removed. It will only reset the phone settings, such as profiles, themes and shortcuts. The default lock code is 12345. or try this(But it will fully format your phone) Method 1: Three Finger Reset for Nokia Phone 1. Switch off your Phone. 2. Hold down the following three keys, Green (call answer button) * (Star) Key, and Number '3' key. 3. While holding The Three buttons, press the power button for switch on the phone. 4. Wait for the message 'Formatting' to the screen On Your Mobile and release all keys when you see that message.
Method 2: Hard Format of Nokia Mobile Phone 1. Switch off your Phone 2. Now Press following key-*#7370# 3. Enter Default lock code is 12345. 4. While holding All of the buttons, press the power button for switch on the phone. 5. Wait for the message 'Formatting' to the screen On Your Mobile and release all keys when you see that message.
Method 3: Soft Reset of Nokia Mobile Phone 1. Switch off your Nokia phone 2. Now Press following key sequence *#7780# 3. Enter Default lock code is 12345. 4. While holding All of the buttons, press the power button for switch on the phone. 5. Wait for the message 'Formatting' to the screen On Your Mobile and release all keys when you see that message.
Please Note: The formatting method will erase all of your Phone data. Please take a backup before you Format.
#1 Insert your ( memory card , flash disk , cellphone , .... ) into your computer. #2 Open up 'My Computer'. You should see it under the list of available drives. #3 Check its contents first to make sure that you have the right drive. #4 In 'My Computer', right-click on the drive and choose 'Format'. #5 Leave all the options as they are and click on 'Start'. This is a non-reversible process so make sure this is what you truly wanted to do in the first place. #6 Once the process is completed, take the memory card out and insert it into your Digital Camera or any other device. Try to browse to it to make sure it works fine now.
It happends sometime ago with me too, the solution is;
1) Just check the number in the contact if not present add it! 2) Make a backup of the content using backup. 3) Format your mobile! 4) Restore your mobile content.
Format your mobile! To Format your mobile proceed as follow; Remember the mobile battery should be fully charged!
Take Out the battery & Insert it again! If the mobile is not ON turn it ON then quickly press Ctrl + Shift + F You see a warning msg saying something like! Do you want to format the phone! Press format & your mobile will be restored to its default factory settings.