Hello.. some of the keys on my nokia e61 keypad, when pressed, are not registering...e.g. when someone is calling me and I press the green (YES) key, the call is not getting picked up. Similarly, the "A" key is not working when pressed. Possible cause is sweat damage from face when speaking into the phone in hot conditions.
Please propose solutions.
I had the same problem once. I forgot my handy e61 was at the back pocket of my pants while i drove home from work. the keys would work, some of the keys got so pressed that they were stuck, it did took me time to unstock these keys by opening my phone. Just be carefull on opening the phone. pls.
There's a foreign object between the keypad and the sensor pad ... dust or lint or a hair or a scrap of paper ...
This is an easily repaired problem that someone with very basic skills and tools can tackle. The steps are:
- Remove battery cover - Remove battery - Start disassembly by removing top rear shell (the bit with the lens cover) by gently prising with a small screw driver. There are five catches - one middle left, one middle right right, one center bottom, two at the top +/- 1/2" from the edges. Gently remove the in the same direction as you would the battery. - Remove front shell by undoing 4 screws now visible on the rear of the phone, one at each corner. Itis a funny torque screw, but I used a small flat and it worked OK
- Gently dust and clean the entire phone - While you're about it, make sure the screen connector is properly engagde. Turn the phone face up. Right at the top and about 1" from the left there is a red screen connector (you'll see the copper of the screen's strip cable terminating there). Gently press down on this connector to reconnect. - Reverse the steps for re-assembly
If you do not feel up to it, take the phone to an agent or repair shop with these instructions. It is a 5 minute job and they should charge accordingly!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Man, i've done this too on my 5310 xpressmusic, and now, when I try to power it up, is asking me for pin code, then show the Nokia 2 hands picture, and then the light is on and off, and then the phone turn off. Can any1 help me ?
Press and hold down the menu key (the key directly to the right of the joystick) to see a list of all active applications. You can easily switch between the applications by using the joystick.
To close an open application press the backspace key.
1)Try this first *#7370# and enter Default code 12345 or 00000
2)If the Above doesn't work Try *#7780# and enter code 12345 or 00000
3)If the above 2 doesn't work, then finally try this, Switch of the mobile and press * + 3 + Call button + switch on the mobile and hold the 3 keys till the nokia welcome screen displays.
Hope this Helps.
my mobile is e61.now what a problem. any sim is not supported.and not working. sim is not valid this messeage is come everytime. and my phone is automatically offline mode.i tryied change the general mode .but not changed,please help me.