I just bought an Evenflo model #4771273 P1 carseat manufactured July1602. I am wanting to remove the pad for washing put cannot figure out how to get the harness straps to come off the car seat to slip through the material . I have no instructions manuals also how do I get the handle to move?
If you push down on the top of the handle you should then be able to move it. Also, to remove the straps you have to feed the bottom portion of the straps from underneath the seat up through first and then you should be able to feed through the material to remove the pad.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The PortAbout 5 was last manufactured in 2005, making it very likely the seat has expired. Contact Evenflo (800-233-5921, www.evenflo.com) about the expiration date and reattaching the visor (if the seat has not expired). Please DO NOT use an expired seat! Manufacturer states that, when installing this rear facing only restraint in an outboard seating position, there should be at least 1.5" of space between the restraint, including the handle, and the back of the front seat. Do not remove the harness strap from the adjuster. If the harness is ever mistakenly removed, Evenflo will send a new harness with adjuster. -- Marc
You CAN remove the armrests- quite easily actually! All you need to do is grab a small pair of pliers. Behind each armrest are two tabs. With the pliers, pull the bottom tab out. Slide the top tab underneath the bottom. The armrest will pop right off! Which means you can wash the pad seat and all!
You can download the manual from evenflo web site with your model number. You will be able to remove the 2 small metal clips at the bottom of the seat by twisting it gently. Then you insert it through the slot.
if you have a 22260 car seat is easy
1, on the base of the seat there is a push down clip that you need to push down and remove the steel bar of by sliding it out
2 unclip the seat strap for the seat by removing the brass "Y" on the back .PAY ATTENTION ON HOW YOU REMOVE THE STRAP IS ALL ONE PICE AND YOU NEED TO LOOP IT FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHERE
3. on the back of the seat there is 2 screws that you need to remove. the you remove the adj. back.
4. remove the cover and wash you can place it in the dryer or hand out to dry
5. instill the same way you removed
1. Remove the cover on the back upright (8 phillips screws).
2. Remove the white plastic clips that retain the brass clip holding the shoulder straps in place.
3. Pull the brass clips away slightly, then, turn them and push through the slot where the shoulder straps go through to the front of the car seat.
4. Pull the straps through the lower seat cushion slots.
5. Wash and reverse steps above to put back together.
How do I care and clean for my PortAbout 3/PortAbout V infant car seat?
To clean pad slide the elastic loops of the seat pad off of the seat shell. Remove the harness system. Cloth pad, canopy, and head support may be machine washed separately cold water, delicate cycle, tumble dry 10-15 minutes, low heat. Wipe straps, buckles, and harness adjusters with warm damp cloth and mild soap. Air dry. NOTE: DO NOT submerge harness assembly in water. To help protect the vehicle upholstery, place a towel beneath and behind the child restraint.