Question about Nikon COOLPIX S6 Digital Camera
I get no image on the screen when I turn the camera on. If I take out the memory card I can view internal memory pictures but cannot see images on the screen to take pics and cannot see pics on the card.
If you want to follow my way to try fixing it yourself, keep reading and do it at your own risk. You paid several hundread dollars for the camera and I just paid $20 for it. Therefore, I tried everything I can to make it work, even if I had to open the camera body to play with the inside. Fortunately, it was not neccessary to take it apart.
Once again, AT YOUR OWN RISK to follow my way to get back your real time image screen.
Read the following steps once and make sure you understand before action.
(1) Load your camera with a freashly recharged battery.
(2) Switch on to see if it's working and still without the real time screen.
(3) Switch it off, and hold it tight in you palm with the LCD facing inward.
(4) Now, with you palm up, you should be able to see the model name 'CoolPix S6' under the lens and the flash.
(5) While holding the camera and aiming at the 'CoolPix S6', raise your other hand with the fist next to your ear.
(6) Match the aim as describe in(4) to the aim of your elbow 's protruded part and make pratice moves. Yes, you'are going to smack it
to your elbow.
(7) When you are ready, try first not to hit your elbow too hard once.
(8) Switch the camera on to check. If you have the 'Screen' now, congratulation! If not, repeat (4) to (8) but with a stronger impact
Force. You might have to try more times until your elbow could not take the sore.
I got mine fixed by performing the above steps just once, but I started at a medium impact force. Before this fix, I tried to whack it on both sides, the top and the bottom to my knee cap.
Why I chose knee cap and elbow? They hurt if you strike too hard. The target is to apply enough impact force to shake but not break the parts inside the camera.
Posted on Oct 21, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Note: When the camera is connected to a computer using the USB cable with a
memory\picture card in the memory\picture card slot, the computer will
only see the contents of the memory\picture card.
Thanks for understanding. Please let me know if you require any additional help.
Jun 16, 2011 | Olympus Cameras
Feb 12, 2011 | Nikon Coolpix L1 Digital Camera
Jan 08, 2011 | Kodak EASYSHARE Z1485 IS Digital Camera
Dec 24, 2010 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Nov 09, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare DX4330 Digital Camera
Apr 27, 2009 | Olympus E-520 Digital Camera
Mar 26, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare M1033 Digital Camera
Jan 02, 2008 | Samsung Digimax S630 Digital Camera
Aug 31, 2005 | Olympus D-545 Zoom Digital Camera
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: