There was a problem with some older Fresh Air units where the wires would corrode and break off. Your problem sounds like this happend to your machine. It is not difficult to fix. If you still need to have this fixed, contact me and I will tell you how you may still be able to get this repaired for free under the factory warranty. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope that this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The most common reason for surging or changing power levels is a loose connection somewhere. 1) Make sure the plug in the back is inserted firmly and the wall socket is live. The wall socket should not be powering a high-use appliance such as a furnace or refrigerator. 2) Make sure the plate is inserted firmly and correctly in the top and bottom "tracks" inside the machine. The metal contact fingers should be pressing firmly and evenly on both sides of the plate, in the metal screen area. 3) Inspect the interior of the machine, looking for loose wires, corroded clips, any broken wires or connections. (You or a handy friend may be able to repair the loose wires or clips; it's a pretty basic fix.) If none of these troubleshooting steps solve the problem, the problem may be in the computerized system. For that, you'll need to get in touch with Vollara (formerly EcoQuest) customer service. 800-989-2299.
1. Unplug the purifier
2. Remove the two screws on the back cover and remove the cover.
3. Remove the two screws on the the top that hold the lint screen and remove the screen.
4. Remove the purification plate by sliding it out.
5. Remove the RCI target plate by sliding it out.
6. Disconnect the purification plate contact lead wires from the purifier plate cage.
7. Remove the two screws at the bottom of the plate cage.
8. Slide the cage forward, lift and remove the cage.
9. Rotate the uv bulb a quarter of a turn and lift it out of the unit.
10. Install the new uv bulb and rotate it a quarter of a turn to lock it.
Perform steps 1-9 in reverse order to reassemble the purifier.
Some of the older units did have some trouble with the connection for the power cord. Try to push in the power cord all the way and wiggle it a little bit. If it still doesn't come on the unit needs to be serviced.
The FreshAir has a 3 year factory warranty. Make sure to have the unit registered, or have an invoice showing your purchase date. You can call EcoQuest support at 1-800-989-2299