I cant watch any dvds on my dvd player as their is a parental lock on there, i have tried unlocking it but i need a code which i dont have, the model is a sony RMT-D175P
OK - to switch off the parental control on the Sony DVP-NS15 and reset the password, please do the following:
1. Switch on the TV and the DVD player
2. Set the TV to the correct input for the DVD player so you can see the on-screen menu
3. Remove any disc from the player and close the disc drawer
4. Press the DISPLAY key on the Sony remote control to open the on-screen menu
5. Use the DOWN arrow to highlight the disc and padlock (parental control) then press ENTER
6. Use the DOWN arrow to highlight ON> then press ENTER
You will be asked to enter a password. Press 1 9 9 7 0 3 then press ENTER. Don't worry that it's only asking for four numbers, you need to enter all six. After you enter the master password, you will be asked to set a new password. Set this to something easy to remember, e.g. 0000 then press ENTER and confirm the password.
Finally, if you don't want to use the parental control feature you need to switch it off. If asked for the password again, enter the new password you set.
7. Use the arrow keys to highlight OFF> and press ENTER
8. Press the UP arrow to highlight PLAYER> and press ENTER
9. Highlight LEVEL and use the arrow keys to set this to OFF
10. Press the DISPLAY key again to close the menu
If you have any difficulty unlocking the player, please let me know.
Apr 05, 2011 |
Flat Panel Televisions