Phone LCD is very dull after water damage, rest of phone works
I dropped my phone in the water and I dried it out for a few hours, the display worked and not the keypad, then I let it dry for another day or two, but this time, the display was very dark (almost black) but the phone worked fine! Sometimes the screen flickers but mostly it is very dark or black, is there any way I can get this samsung back into working order?
any help would be great thanks.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try this :
This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and degital cameras etc .
it sounds crazy .
Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY
Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points (shiny, goldish) on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.
Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.
It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).
beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.
This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick.
related link is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Otjgd48nY
make sure the phone is swithced off imediatly, take out the battery or power suply, take appart the unit as much as you can and leve to dry for 24 hours underneath a lamp, do not use a hair dryer or heater as this heat will cause the cb to expand and can cause more damage, after 24 hours there wont be a prob
1) Take the battery, sim card (SD card if there is one) out and dry
2)Dry the battery compartmant
3)For about 24 hours turn the phone upside down, or so the water will drip OUT
4) Then for about 2-3 minuets dry with a blow dryer, on low
5) YAY your cell phone SHOULD work, if not then the damage is serious
This may sound crazy, but it has worked for every phone me or my friends have had water damage to.
Take the phone apart as far as you can go (like take off the silver plate backing and take out the battery, and simcard) and place it on a dry rag and put it in the oven. Then heat the oven to its lowest setting. My oven can go as low as 175 degrees, so what I did was to open the top a little bit to let the heat out. Believe it or not, this heat shouldn't ruin the phone, but only dry up the water that is blocking the circuits. Be very careful though. The ideal temperature is about 125 degrees.
Considering water boils at 212 degrees, it SHOULD take more heat than than to actually damage your phone. Leave it in the oven, turned off, for 24 hours or longer. Give it some time... be patient. Then try turning it back on. It has worked for me and my friends, as of now we are 5/5.
Sounds like the LCD is missing a signal getting to it. One of the signal lines is either damaged, possibly still has a small amount of liquid on it and is getting a bunch of resistance it shouldn't be.
Open the phone up, and let it sit and dry fully for a few days.
You could always try dropping it back into the rye & coke, it seemed to prefer that to water =0)
Your doing the right thing by removing your battery. From my experience Sony Ericsson units don't do well when liquid damaged. If the unit was recently damaged (24 hours) try to get it very hot... like hot sun or place it in the plate warmer of an oven.
If this doesn't work try ebay for an unlocked unit.
probably too late but he first thing to don in that sit. is rinse the phone in a 75/25 solution of alcohol and water. then open up as you did and let it dry. if you can see water on the display screen your probably out of luck but keep it warm and dry for a few days and see what happens.