My wii wont connect to the internet
it found the box and i put the password in but it will not connect
it also wont pass the conection test
1. Make sure you're connected to the internet via something other than the AirPort card (i.e. Ethernet). Also, make sure AirPort is on.
2. Turn on Internet Sharing:
* Go to System Preferences, click on the Sharing icon, then click on the Internet tab.
* Change the Share your connection from: pop-up to 'Built-in Ethernet.'
* Under the To computers using section, check the AirPort box.
* Click Airport options...
* Enter an easy name such as wii. Leave all the security options blank -- implementing security is an exercise left to the reader -- then click OK.
* Click Start in the Internet Sharing panel.
3. Gather Information:
* Open Terminal.app and type ifconfig en1. In the output...
* Look for: inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask ...
* Take note the IP Address associated with the first inet, negating values after the # (mine was 10.0.2.1; yours may be different).
* Type dig. Near the bottom of this output will be SERVER: followed by an IP address. This will be the DNS server you will use for your wii.
4. Configure the wii:
* Select a connection to edit.
* Choose Manual Setup.
* Enter the following parameters:
* SSID: wii (or whatever you chose in step one)
* Auto-obtain IP Address: No
* IP Address: Take the first IP Address you obtained earlier, and make the last digit different. i.e., mine could be 10.0.2.4 (10.0.2.1 was original)
* Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
* Default router: The original IP Address, unchanged. (10.0.2.1)
* Auto-obtain DNS: No
* Primary DNS: your DNS SERVER from the dig output.
* Secondary DNS: leave as 000.000.000.000
* Test your connection at the top of the screen. hope it works
Jul 06, 2008 |
Nintendo Wii Console