Question about Welbilt MR622W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave Oven Interior Paint

My husband cooked corn-on-the-cob in our (Welbilt brand) microwave last night. I wiped down the inside afterwards, and some of the paint came off. I didn't use detergent of any kind - just warm water and a paper towel. Is the microwave still safe to use?

Posted by on

  • 3 more comments 
  • TarponDave Jan 02, 2008

    I too have chipping in the interior of my microwave. I've read that I need to use a special interior spray paint, which would be a disaster in my opinion in such a small space because of the over spray. I'd rather use a small brush. Can I use any high-temp paint?


  • Anonymous Jan 21, 2008

    underneath the turntable the rollers have scratched the white paint and it is going a bit rusty, but only underneath the glass turntable. I would like to repaint it. Is that possible ? Where do I get the paint from? Peter Matthews

    Sanyo EM-S3052

  • Anonymous Feb 14, 2008

    paint has chipped off bottom of microwave. Is this harmful?

  • Anonymous Jun 28, 2008

    Rust in carousel track of Samsung microwave. Seems to be excessive moisture on top when I finish cooking. There is a popping noise and the carousel seems to **** slightly --? because of rust? The rust is down to the metal and I wonder about the safety.



    I've cleaned & wiped it dry carefully now that I discovered all the moisture. The light needs to go off when the timer is stopped and the door opened so the door could stay ajar to let out all the moisture.

  • Anonymous Mar 15, 2014

    Burned meat patty AND container REALLY bad; patty adhered to container. I misread instructions: 8 min on high! - Placed microwave on washer on the back porch; rented a clean air machine; and painted inside of cabinet with 2 coats of paint to "seal the interior wall." Interior of oven okay now; but scorch/burn odor coming from vent in back of microwave i still HORRIBLE. Today I followed advice from Panasonic's site: cut a lemon into quarters/WITH peel, placed it in 1 1/2 cups of water in 2 qt. bowl and 'cooked' on high heat for 5 min. Odor accumulated inside microwave again and from vent and into room still REALLY bad. Am I going to be able to eliminate the odor from the "inner workings" of this microwave?

×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Welbilt Master
  • 9,098 Answers

Yes, but if this is not fixed, it may flake off and get in your food, or allow grease or food particles to build up on the surface.

 

The loose paint should really be sanded off, at least.

 

Then when it's clean and dry, you can apply a little high-temperature appliance paint, available from department stores, home improvement centers, and appliance parts stores.

Posted on Oct 12, 2007

  • Gwendolyn Poliszczuk
    Gwendolyn Poliszczuk May 05, 2014

    I knew I could paint it. You can paint anything, but the answer to whether it is safe to use or not was not addressed. It is very frustrating to have paint come off the interior of an appliance. Who would ever dream that the quality would be so inferior.

×

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

I need instructions for 10in. microwave browner


Only place I've found is here: CorningWare Browner Instructions

As these dishes were designed by Corning for a 650 watt over, you can recalculate preheat and cooking times for your oven with the following formula:

650/(your oven's wattage) x (listed preheat time or cook time)

For example, for a Corning MW-9 dish, they list 4 minutes maximum preheat time. I have a 1,580 watt oven. So 650/1580 = .41 x 4 minutes = 1.64 minutes and about a minute and a half preheat. (MAX).

Mar 09, 2014 | CorningWare Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Rust in microwave


If the wall of the cavity is not rusted too badly, you can sand it down to metal and touch it up with catalytic paint made specifically for microwave oven cavities. You should be able to get this paint at any appliance parts house. After this repair, be sure to wipe down the inside of the cavity to get the condensation cleared out after you cook in it. I usually leave the door open for an hour or so to be sure that it dries out completely.

Oct 21, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Paint inside microwave oven bottom is peeling


The oven cavity will probably start to rust where the paint is gone. If you're up to it, sand it and paint it with a color that matches the interior color. Other then colors, there is nothing special about paint inside a microwave.

Jun 20, 2010 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

COATING ON INSIDE OF MICROWAVE HAS STARTED TO COME OFF, EXPOSING UNDERNEATH SURFACE, IS IT STILL SAFE TO USE AND EAT FOOD COOKED IN IT?


Nothing special in there. As long as the paint is not flaking into the food you are ok, Be aware that bare metal could begin to arc. There is special microwave paint available but it will not match and look bad unless you redo the entire interior.
Eric

Sep 15, 2009 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Husband broke the tray. can i use the microwave until the replacment arrives?


yes, just don't let anything get hooked onto the part that spins. Possibly put something else in the microwave to hold whatever you are cooking above it like miniature stilts. The microwave should be fine. Benjamin

Jun 07, 2009 | Welbilt MR755T Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Turn table shattered while making pop corn. Cuisinart ModelCmw100


You can order a replacement dish here. The dish shattered because the heat from the bag of popcorn was too much for it. If you look at the owner's manual for almost every microwave, they tell you not to put popcorn directly on the glass dish, but to put it on another plate.

The oven should be safe to use. Just look for any burned spots on the paint in the bottom of the cooking cavity.

Apr 09, 2009 | Cuisinart CWM-100 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Can't pop popcorn well


It's 850 Watts, 0.9 cu ft.

That's enough for popcorn, but a magnetron does lose power once it starts to age.

The figure I've heard is an average life expectancy of 2000 hours for a magnetron.

Two "Band-Aid" suggestions for better exposure and more even heating:

1. Place the popcorn bag on top of an upside-down paper plate.

2. Place the bag off-center instead of dead center. Placing food in the center of the turntable is not as efficient as placing it off-center.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Dec 12, 2008 | Welbilt MR95TW Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Why is the paint bubbling inside microwave


The paint or inside in my microwave oven was bubbling up. I didn't think much of it until my husband came down with tongue cancer. He didn't smoke or drink. The only thing that was strange was the way my microwave was bubbling up inside. We were given very grim news, but in time and by swithcing hospitals, my husband is now ok and has been cancer free for 5 years. If ever my microwaves start blubbling up, I throw them out, it wasn't worth the health hazards.

Oct 24, 2008 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Paint blistering on inside of advantium oven. Could get into food?


It could.

You should sand it down, then wipe with alcohol to be sure it's squeaky clean and dry.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

To avoid moisture buildup inside, be sure your vent / hood exhaust fan is always on when you cook on the stove top.

Also, leave the door open for a few minutes after cooking in it, and even wipe it down inside if needed.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 22, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

5,283 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Welbilt Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5575 Answers

Marvin
Marvin

Level 3 Expert

82149 Answers

Are you a Welbilt Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...