I can not get my Kenwood car stereo to come out of demonstration mode and its driving me mad!
In the book it says
In standby mode: Turn the control Knob
Select "Demo Mode" display
Set the demonstration mode
press the control knob for at least 2 secs.
Each time you press the control knob at least 2 secs, the demonstration mode alternates between the settings shown in the table below:
"Demo mode off"
"Demo mode on"
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Be sure the unit is in the stand-by mode (ie: turned off)
2. Push the control knob towards FM or AM. Select the DEMO display
3. To set the DEMO mode, do this:
Press the control knob for at least 2 seconds. The demonstration mode alternates between DEMO ON and DEMO OFF.
Although it doesn't say, i would imagine you need to press the MENU button to exit this screen.
This information came from the instruction manual that I was able to download from the internet. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll forward it off to you.
My wife experienced the same problem this month, December 2008, after owning the KDC-MP825 for 3.5 years (what's up with that?). It would power on briefly, the panel would move, then after 2 seconds it would shut down. After 15 seconds, it would power again, panel motors whir, then shut down. It would keep doing that while the key is in ignition.
This appeared to have solved the problem:
Hold down BUTTON , press the RESET button (you'll need a ballpen to press between the AUTO and SCRL button).
This was the procedure for getting the receiver out of demonstration mode. Maybe the cold weather here in New Jersey placed the unit into demo mode?
From the user's manual (pg.23):
1. Select the Demonstration Mode. Push the Control knob towards [FM] or [AM]. Select the "DEMO" display.
2. Set the Demonstration Mode. Press the Control knob for at least 2 seconds.