Hw i use facebook
you can use facebook.....
Getting Started and Creating an Account
• Visit http://www.facebook.com or http://www.thefacebook.com
• In the upper right hand corner of the site, click on “register.”
• To Register for the College Facebook, enter your name, status, and email (with the
.edu), and choose a password.
o Special notes:
? The college facebook and the high school facebook are completely
separate from each other. College students on facebook cannot view
High School students and vice versa.
? The name you type here will appear to users within your
college/university. Facebook.com does not monitor what names are
displayed. This is how students can create (with one of their alternate
.edu addresses) profiles for other people since the email address is not
compared to the name that is listed here.
? The statuses available are: student, grad student, faculty, staff, alumni
? As facebook.com has mentioned, you should not use the same password
that you use for your email account. This could be a security issue for
some of our students who tend to use the same password for everything.
• Once you have created your account, you will receive an email with verification
instructions. (Students who have created accounts with other people’s names still
have the facebook.com account associated with THEIR email address since you must
verify via email. If a student has created an inappropriate account in the name of
another person, it is very simple to discover which student it is based on their
university email account identification name.)
• After following the email verification instructions, you visit the site again and
Using your Facebook.com Account
• You can have as little or as much as you’d like on your profile. The default
security settings will only allow users from your institution to be able to view your
profile, however you can increase or decrease these settings to your liking. You can
set it so that only those users you are interested in seeing your profile can do so or
on the other extreme, you can change the settings to allow anyone with a
facebook.com account to view your profile.
• You can join groups or find users who have similar interests. To join a group,
click on “my groups.” To find users with similar interests, go to view your own profile
and click on one of the words you included in your interests section and it will take
you to profiles of users who also list the same word.
• You can request other users to be your “facebook friend.” To do so, search for the
user and when you find their profile, click “add as a friend.”
Please post your feedback and Vote if the problem resolved as per your satisfaction.
Jun 01, 2010 |
Facebook Social Network