Question about Epson Expression XP- 202 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Colour - Photo
Wifi light flashing, power light flashing ink light flashing and paper jam
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You may not see a paper jam.
This may work for you, it has worked for many here I given this advice so gave it a try it could work for you. Generally when this happens, something has fallen into the printer, or a piece of paper has been jammed in there.
First step, remove the ink cartridge, and turn the printer upside down and gently shake it, see if anything comes out.
If nothing goes, or you can't hear anything rattling around, get a piece of cardstock paper (60lb or heavier) and gently push this through the printer, to see if it will help push out what might be stuck in there.
And gave the rode that the ink slides on a good clean and maybe a bit oil on cloth and wipe the rod with it.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 28, 2010
Hi JayBirde Do the lights flash Together (not alternate) and is it a quick flash (0.1 second on 0.1 second off)? If so, check the Status Monitor for a message. If it says Fatal Error or General Error, then you have a task on your hands! If the lights flash alternate (0.5 second on 0.5 second off) then this indicates a maintenence error and the status monitor should say parts inside your printer have reached the end of their life - or something similar. This much easier to fix with an R220 Rescue Kit from www.TheServiceManualShop.com - use their search to look for R220 Rescue. If you can't find it, just drop them a line and they will create one for you. Delivery is via instant download so no waiting around to get your machine fixed. If you have a general or Fatal error it means the printers head can not move using the norm,al amount of force - i.e. something is in the way. You can check a few things: Ensure their is nothing in the path of the print head - paper, foam from the pad, head lock not retracting, toy soldier on manouvers in the mechanism etc Chech the encoder strip ( a grey-ish looking plastic strip, near the drive belt for the print head) is clean and attached. Check the lid for the ink cart cover is full closed.
Posted on Mar 11, 2007
this means the wast pad is full and the printer needs to be reset let me no if you need the software to reset dont forget to rate
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
SOURCE: Epson Stylus D88 Plus paper jam
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. I pried open my
C42UX printer, careful not to break anything. I use a flat blade
screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and
two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force
pry apart the cover.
2. Next I removed the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next I took the pads to the kitchen skin and washed them with just plain hot water until they were white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed I dried them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried I placed the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. I closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plugged in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. THERE YOU GO! IT WORKS AGAIN.
14. By the way I use generic ink and I fill my own cartridges. I use ink from www.atlanticinkjet.com. Great stuff.
try this and let me know it worked or not ...
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2013 | Epson R1900 Printer
Sep 11, 2012 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 23, 2012 | Epson WorkForce 633 InkJet Printer
Jul 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Mar 06, 2011 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 02, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 13, 2009 | Epson Stylus Color 760 InkJet Printer
May 04, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jan 13, 2008 | Epson Stylus C48 InkJet Printer
Oct 28, 2006 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
2,149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: