Question about Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hotpoint Ultima (WT960)
this worked for me:
First empty the machine by lowering the hose at the rear to ground level into a container. Take off the white plastic cover on rear at bottom. You will see black rubber hose connected to barrel of machine in right hand corner. Undo the silver screw on the band securing the hose. (Biggest band). You can now pull the hose down to reveal a "table tennis like" ball. Lift it out carefully and you will probably find an obstruction like a coin or similar. I found a hairgrip but it was enough to stop the ball functioning. DO NOT TAKE OFF THE WHITE HOSE CLIPS
Comment by pulmicort, posted on Feb 02, 2008 Further to my comments re clearing scrap from table tennis ball after code F4. Machine started ok but then F5 came up. Had to take the pump off and apart to reveal broken hairclip actually seized in pump. If you are handy at all this is simplicity itself.
Slide pump to left and lift and it comes clear. Take off 2 black hoses only where connected to main machine. Pull off electrical connection. Pump and hoses lift out easily. 3 screws open the pump. Clean any obstruction and reassemble. A 30 minute operation.
Posted on Apr 16, 2008
Do the following.
7. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power. It is a good idea to take digital pictures of the pump assembly before attempting to work on it or remove it so that you can refer back to it when you reassemble the unit or replace it with a new unit at a later date / time.
8. Remove and check the electrical connections to the pump and make sure they are in good order.
9. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage. If they are then clean them thoroughly.
10. Then remove the pump and check motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. Also check that the pump impeller vanes are in good order and not blocked. If necessary replace the pump with a new and identical unit.
11. Carefully reassemble the pump observing the correct placement of gaskets, seals, O Rings, hoses and securing straps, electrical wiring.
12. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
Also see additional info to follow.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
I think you mean F05, in which case it means that the pressure switch is jammed on full.
You need to remove lower rear panel of washer.
Remove large black hose on bottom of drum.
Remove and clean filter inside hose.
Remove hose onto pump, and check for blockage or obstruction here as well, and look inside the pump.
This should solve your problem.
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
I HAVE A HOTPOINT AQXXD 169 PM WASHING MACHINE WE HAVE A FLASHING MESSAGE F5 WHAT IS F5 AND WHAT DO WE DO. IS IT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS SOMEWHERE??????? WHAT PAGE????
Posted on Sep 10, 2010
Hotpoint Error Codes.
Hotpoint washing machines are among the most common found in the Uk and like any mechanical device they will occasionally breakdown or develop a fault and need repairs.
Being a very popular make means that most parts supplier will keep there parts in stock and because so many suppliers keep Hotpoint parts stock this also drives competition hence driving down the price of parts if you should ever need them
One problem many people including some engineers face when faced with a faulty Hotpoint washer is knowing what the error code mean, so here are a list of error codes and there meanings for Hotpoint washing machines
These error codes can some times have a E in front of the number and not a F as shown here, but the meaning of the code is still the same
# F11 - This means there is No hot fill.The ambient temperature is probably below freezing perhaps due to the plumbing becoming frozen. Also verify that the taps are on or if the drain hoses are kinked.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Dec 15, 2015 | Hotpoint Ariston Aquarius WD420 Front Load...
Dec 03, 2015 | Hotpoint Dryers
Oct 17, 2013 | Hotpoint-Ariston LFT 228A 23 in Builtin...
Aug 25, 2012 | Hotpoint Ariston RB525H Electric Range
Aug 11, 2012 | Hotpoint Ariston DY46 Electric Oven
Sep 25, 2011 | Hotpoint -Ariston Aquarius WD645 Front...
Sep 15, 2009 | Hotpoint Ariston Aquarius WD420 Front Load...
Dec 15, 2008 | Hotpoint WMA74 Front Load Washer
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!