Question about Home

1 Answer

How to I remove anchors- get a toggle bolt out of drywall?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 22 Answers

Unscrew the bolt until the toggle falls off into the wall cavity. Then just pull out the anchor and spackle over the hole.
A molly bolt is a similar type of wall anchor. It's often confused with a toggle, but a molly's "bendable" legs are part of the anchor and will remain in place when the bolt is removed. Sometimes you can straighten those legs out by unscrewing the bolt partway, then pushing it back into the wall cavity. If you're lucky, you might be able to pull the anchor out through its own hole. If not, you'll have to use a punch and hammer to pound the head just below the drywall surface, then spackle over it.

Posted on May 07, 2013

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

How do you fix a Moen Towel Bar when the mounting system has come apart from the wall?

There are larger screw-type anchors available at a hardware store. If the hole is a half inch, you can possibly use an expanding wing type "molly" anchor. it's hard to assemble the screws through the bracket, then put on the butterfly, and shove the folded butterfly into the hole, but it's doable.

Jul 28, 2014 | Moen YB2218BN: Brantford 18 in. Towel Bar...

1 Answer

I have a wooden shelf which I want to hang above my flat screen tv, what type of screws should I be using?

Depending on weight of shelf and contents.
And if you can hit a wood stud.

I like the plastic zip-it anchor because it is pretty strong for towel rack or shelf with a few books etc, It simply drills flush into the wall and then you can use a regular pan-head or drywall screw to connect shelf to zip it. Later the zip it can unscrew and hole is filled easily.

Wall dog is nice for 1 step into drywall. Lightweight shelf, with 2 small books and vase..

Toggle bolt for heavy shelves, But requires good sized 1/2" hole drilled first, and takes a few skill techniques.

Mar 13, 2013 | Woods Hardware & Accessories

1 Answer

I am having problems getting the screw to screw all the way into the E-Z ANCOR. The plastic E-Z ANCOR screwed in quite easily and is snug up against the dry wall, but the metal screw is not easily screwed...

There are many different models of these drywall anchors, some of which will not allow a too-long screw to be used. But the plastic ones shouldn't have this problem, because the tip (inside the wall) is supposed to split apart. However, you have to drive the screw a bit harder when you get to the point where the plastic starts to split. Do a google image search for---- ez anchor self drilling drywall ---- to see a few useful images.

Aug 09, 2010 | Midwest E-Z Ancor Self-Drilling Drywall...

2 Answers

Tighten up a loose Moen Eva towel bar wall mounted bracket

u have to really push hard up on the spring and at the same time pull towards u

Apr 18, 2010 | Moen YB2818 Eva Towel Bar Bathroom...

1 Answer

The studs in my wall are 20 inches apart and the wall mount requires them to be 16 inches apart. what do I do?

If I were in that situation I would fabricate a way to mount it using L brackets.
Using at least 2 and up to 4 L brackets of 2" in length I would drill one hole into the stud and the other end can be put in with a drywall anchor or other bolt-anchor type for your wall material.
I believe there are also wall mount types requiring use of only one stud...but don't quote me on it.

Jan 10, 2010 | Televison & Video

3 Answers

Need to hang a shelf to a wall with metal studs?

In order to support any true weight (like books) you will need to use wood blocking between the metal studs. Measure space between the studs, cut blocks to fit and mount at location where brackets will be.

For lighter weight applications, you can use an expansion anchor (but not the cheep little plastic ones that are often provided). A common name for this anchor would be a "molly anchor" and they are available at all hardware stores in a variety of capacities.

Sep 14, 2009 | Measuring Tools & Sensors

1 Answer


If you are going into drywall then a threaded drywall anchor like this
Will be best.

Yopu can buy them at any hardware store. They screw right into the drywall and then another typical screw goes through the mounting plate into this anchor.

I recoment getting metal anchors as the plastic ones break easily.

These hold MUCH better than the push in plastic anchors.

Dec 30, 2008 | American Standard 6723S 'The Standard...

2 Answers

No studs for microwave installation

There has to be something in the wall supporting the drywall. You need to find the supporting structure using exploritory holes if necessary and solidly fasten to it using lag bolts.

Jan 11, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

842 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

33294 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15478 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides