Question about Boss Mt 2 Metal Zone Effects Pedal
Hello,my pedal didnt transmited the maximum sound... I put the pedal volume in maximum and i almost couldnt hear the sound :\ i opened the pedal and now i have the same problem with the volume and now the red light dont want to disappear even when i switch it to no-distortion... what should i do? it is too expensive to fix it in a shop... sorry for my english =)
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i got d same problm. i fixed it myself.. check all the op amp ic's if they're all gud. if youre not sure, replace all 4 rc4558 ic's. in my case, i still felt a very small output signal from my pedal (equalizers, vol n gain ctrls r gud since they vary when i change the setting) so i suspected that one or 2 of my ic's were damaged. i only replace d last two op amps which my signal passes thru. i also had this problm with my marshall drive master. same diagnosis and solution. check your schematics
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
SOURCE: light indicator is on
Try changing the battery, if it doesn't help, some possibilities are:
- dirty contacts or a broken wire on the footswitch
- a broken wire from the distortion output to the output plug
- a broken wire elsewhere in the unit (e.g. potentiometers or rotary controllers)
- a bad input / output level or other potentiometer or rotary controller
- a burnt out component (a bit unlikely, but possible, and it could be anything)
- a bad connector contact inside the unit
- a bad pin solder contact on ANY of the components inside the unit (wires, connectors, switches, jack plugs, resistors,variable resistors, trimmers, diodes, capacitors, transistors, ICs, etc.)
Broken wires / badly soldered pins need to be resoldered, but if there is damage to any of the components, they wil probably need to be replaced.
I hope you can find out what it is.
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Make sure the pedal has the correct power supply voltage, current AND polarity.
Also adjust the setting knobs as needed.
Make sure the in's and out's are corectely connected... it will work clean if they are backward, but no distortion.
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
SOURCE: My MT-2 wont distort my guitar.
A few things to try....
Usually the adapter will over ride the battery when used.
1) Make sure your 1/4" cables are working properly without the pedal "in-line".
2) Take out battery, and use just the adapter only. Make sure it is the correct and proper adapter that works with Boss. Usually the PSA-120. If you are not using a Boss Adapter, make sure yours is a direct replacement with same specifications. 9V/200mA. And "tip negative". DO NOT use Radio Shack stuff, nothing against them, but there adapters just don't mix well with Boss products and the like.
2) Try just the battery, no AC adapter. Remember to unplug the input when not in use. Saves battery.
Basic rule of thumb...when using correct AC adapters for all your pedals all the time, and all sounds good, then take out the batteries.
If you still experience problems, it would be an internal IC chip most likely. From there post another question maybe.
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
SOURCE: my boss metal zone pedal
There is a switch contact that connects the battery when you unplug the AC adapter. These commonly get sprung and cease to make contact leaving the battery disconnected when adapter is unplugged, resulting in no power. Verify the battery is being connected and see if the unit works properly. If so the adapter is either the wrong one or defective.
In other words, there may be two problems.
Posted on Jan 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2017 | Dunlop Music
Aug 28, 2016 | Music
Aug 17, 2012 | BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS Boss Dd-3 Digital Delay...
Jun 07, 2012 | Music
Jan 07, 2011 | Music
Aug 08, 2010 | MXR Phase 90 Pedal
Apr 30, 2010 | Music
Apr 18, 2010 | Boss Mt 2 Metal Zone Effects Pedal
Mar 18, 2010 | Peavey Music
Sep 12, 2009 | BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS Boss Ns2 Noise...
Jul 06, 2012 | Boss Mt 2 Metal Zone Effects Pedal
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: