Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lexmark X2250 uneven paper feed
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
I found a pencil inside my printer and took it out. It was not easy but now it does not jams the paper. Disconnect the power cord and softly shake the printer from side to side making sure you are holding on to the top scanner door so it won't flip open and listen for anything rolling or loose inside. It just might be your problem.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Try cleaning the color or magenta cartridge with rubbing alcohol and look inside the printer to see if there's pooled ink anywhere that is smearing on the paper. Try replacing the print head or cartridge.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Either your magenta cartridge is leaking out of the right corner or you have a defective magenta drum.
(maybe it got scratched when changing the cartridge?) If it's the magenta drum, you have to replace all the drums since they come in one unit. OEM part only.
Posted on May 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2015 | Lexmark International X543, X544 Black &...
May 12, 2011 | Lexmark X543dn Laser Color All-In-One...
Please click on the link to see instructions on how to go about the procedure.
For further assistance, please call Lexmark Technical Support.
Feb 24, 2011 | Lexmark X543dn Laser Color All-In-One...
Jan 25, 2011 | Lexmark X543dn Laser Color All-In-One...
Jan 12, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 17, 2009 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 01, 2009 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 17, 2017 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!