Question about Sony DVP-FX780 7" Portable DVD Player
Showing "Cannot play disc". Player starts like it is going to play and then stops showing message. I have tried several different DVDs. It was playing one DVD and then stop.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I'm afraid you are dealing with a weakened Laser on the unit. The cost vs. benefit ratio of fixing this unit is not worthwhile.
You will find that there are newer versions of this device on the market less expensive than what you paid for the unit you have now.
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
HI CHECK THESE Steps:
1. Remove the screws that hold the top case on the dvd player. There will be a couple of screws on each side of the player and a couple of smaller screws on the back. They will most often be BLUE RAY head screws.
2. Once the cover is removed, push the eject button to open the cd tray and get it out of your way.
3. Unplug the player from the outlet.
4. Take the can of compressed air and blow out the entire inside of the case. Make sure to blow inside the carriage and around any moving parts of the dvd player including tracks, tray, gears, etc.
5. Check the inside of the carriage using a small flashlight and look closely to make sure there is not debris caught in the spindle or other places like hair, large clumps of dust, dirt, and anything else that should not be there. If you see this kind of material remove it with tweezers and repeat blowing out the inside.
6. Pour a small amount of the rubbing alcohol into the cap and lightly dip a cu-tip in it and shake off any excess.
7. Now and clean off the optical lens (which will look like a small glass bubble in the middle of the carriage) with the cu-tip. Repeat this process a couple of times using a clean cu-tip each time.
8. Let air dry for 2 minutes before plugging the player back in and closing the tray.
9. Replace the cover and clean your discs before placing them back in the player. Test to see if the problem has been fixed.
You should clean your dvd player out at least once or twice a month for good preventative maintenance which will extend the life of your dvd player.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2011 | Televison & Video
Mar 01, 2011 | RCA Portable DVD Player
Dec 13, 2010 | Coby 7" Widescreen TFT Portable DVD Player...
Jan 03, 2010 | Insignia I-PD720 Portable DVD Player
Aug 04, 2009 | kawasaki PVS1965 Portable DVD Player
Jul 28, 2009 | Philips PET710 Portable DVD Player
Aug 12, 2008 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
Jun 26, 2014 | Sony DVP-FX780 7" Portable DVD Player
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: