Question about Samsung SMH9151 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

CONTROL PANEL OUT. CHEECKED ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT. ok. UNPLLUGGED UNIT, RE-PLUGGED, NO EFFECT. IS THERE A RESET?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Samsung Master
  • 15,729 Answers

There is no reset, there are internal fuses though. But if you replace it and it blows again, there is a serious issue. Also if you take it apart, there is a risk of electric shock.

Posted on May 06, 2013

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a problem with my whirlpool microwave oven, all of a sudden it shut off the kitchen electricity and tripped the circuit breaker of the kitchen, I unplug the oven and reset the circuit breaker, but...


Hi heshamyg, I want to help you with your problem, but I need more information from you.
Since I could not find the electrical specs for your particular model in the user's guide, please locate the information tag (plate or decal) and tell me what the wattage and amperage ratings are.
Page 5 of your user's manual recommends that your microwave should be used on a 15 or 20 amp circuit And that a "separate circuit servicing only this appliance be provided."
I don't know if this appliance is a new install to your kitchen appliance array, or if this unit has been around and in use for awhile without any problems.
Either way, the electrical circuit is being overloaded; short circuited; or because of a ground fault.

An overloaded circuit is one primary reason for a breaker to trip. It occurs when a circuit has more connected electrical load than it is supposed to have. When more current runs through the circuit than the circuit was intended to take, the circuit breaker is designed to "break the circuit." It does so to prevent overheating of the wire in the circuit, which can cause a fire.

  • The most probable reason the breaker tripped is that you simply have too much plugged into one outlet or multiple outlets connected to one circuit.
  • Move lamps, heaters, irons, hair dryers and other heavy power consuming devices to a different circuit not being heavily used; or
  • Turn off some of the devices on the circuit to reduce the load.
  • Loose connections are another possible but less common cause. With power off, check outlets for a loose wire and the electrical service panel hot wire connected to the circuit breaker to see if it has become loose. Re-tighten the connections if necessary.
  • If these suggestions do not solve the problem you may have a more serious problem such as a Short Circuit or Ground Fault
The Short Circuit is a more serious reason for a breaker to trip. A short is caused when the hot wire (black) touches another hot wire or touches a neutral wire (white). It can also be caused if there is a break in a wire in the circuit. Shorts are a bit more difficult to diagnose because they can be caused by the wiring in your home or in something you have plugged into an outlet.

  • Confirm that the power is off at the outlet into which your device is plugged.
  • Inspect your power cords for damage or a melted appearance.
  • Check your outlets and plugs for the smell of burning- or look to see if there is any visible brown or black discoloration.
  • Check the insulation on the wires to make sure that they are not cracked; and that bare (uninsulated) black and white wires aren't touching together.
  • If you do not find the problem, repeat the process for all the outlets in the circuit.
  • Check for a Ground Fault condition.
A Ground Fault Condition is defined as: An unintentional, electrically conducting connection between an ungrounded conductor of an electrical circuit and the normally non-current-carrying conductors, metallic enclosures, metallic raceways, metallic equipment or earth.
In simpler terms, a ground fault condition exists when the hot wire (black) touches the ground wire (bare copper) or the side of a metal outlet box (because the metal box is connected to the ground wire). The ground fault is a type of short circuit.

The fix is the same as a short circuit except check that the hot wire (black ) is not touching the side of the metal outlet box or the ground wire.

If the problem is internal to the microwave oven, have it serviced by a properly trained service technician since one could expose themselves to dangerous levels of microwave energy.

Please keep me posted. Thank-you.

Dec 02, 2013 | Whirlpool MH1140XMS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Tripping circuit breaker


That unit shows that it takes 15 or 20 AMPS to run. What is the breaker amperage on the circuit where it is plugged in? Is the breaker a GFCI? You can tell by looking for the two buttons on the circuit breaker or the outlet.

Jul 18, 2017 | KitchenAid KCMS1555RSS Stainless Steel...

1 Answer

GE Microwave Model JES1651SJ-02, Serial 902410. Unit appeared to be fine yesterday evening with the clock working properly but this morning it shows no lights and keypad is not operational. Checked both...


There will be a fuse, magnetron thermostat / thermal cutout, and an oven cavity thermostat / thermal cutout.

There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.


At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Sep 08, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

GE Advantium 120 oven: Was boiling water and oven completely powered off. House circuit breaker is OK and not tripped. Plugged into another working outlet with extension cord to see if display came on. It...


You will need to remove the top grill vent first, then you can remove the screws coming in from the top of the grille vent then that will expose a screw holding down the control panel at the top. Remove the screw and remove the control panel. The fuse is located in a little 1" fuse holder just behind the front panel near the top.

Feb 05, 2010 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Loss of power to Whirlpool over the stove AccuWave GH5184XPS-4. Checked circuit breaker and GFI -all OK. No other electrical problems known.


Remove unit and check trip/reset switch on unit. Double check GFCI receptacle with plug tester with GFCI test button.

Jan 12, 2010 | Whirlpool GH5184XPQ Microwave Oven

3 Answers

No power from Whirlpool.


IF YOU HAVE THE MICRWAVE PLUGGED IN AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPS IMMEDIATELY WHEN SET,
CHECK THE DOOR HOOKS THAT TRIP THE DOOR SWITCHES. BOTH SHOULD BE SPRING LOADED. THERE SHOULD BE TWO HOOKS ON THE DOOR. IF O.K., CHECK THE DOOR SWITCHES. THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE. IF ONE OF THEM IS SHORTED CLOSED,
THE MONITOR SWITCH WILL CAUSE A DEAD SHORT ACROSS THE FUSE. THE FUSE MAY BE HOLDING BETTER THAN YOUR CIRCUIT BREAKER.

Mar 21, 2008 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Unit Electrical Problem


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

Microwave can be very dangerous so it is best to have it looked by a professional

 

Would appreciate a solved rating for expert advise.

Oct 16, 2007 | GE JE1590 Convection / Microwave Oven

3 Answers

No power


The door switches are designed to prevent the unit from running while the door is open. You probably have a blown fuse, and it's a white or dark grey ceramic fuse of 15A or 20A, available from local big box stores or appliance parts stores. The fuse is usually located on the floor of the chassis behind the control panel, or mounted in the same area as the door switches. Also, I'm really curious how the door switch got stuck while cleaning? That sounds scary...

Nov 13, 2006 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Samsung SMH9151 Microwave Oven Logo

56 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Henry  Thomas
Henry Thomas

Level 3 Expert

1074 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Are you a Samsung Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...