Question about Televison & Video
Check and replace its main power regulator board. There is a fuse on this board. Check it too. If you wish to get more details, surf the following link. There are over two thousand and four hundred posts. All are related to television and other domestic electronic equipment service help. You can get a solution there. More than Nine Lakh viewers cannot be wrong.http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
Posted on May 06, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The pixels on your screen are controlled by a matrix composed of switches that turn off and on to produce light.
They are located vertically and horizontally, row-wise and must function together to produce everything from black (everything turned on so no light, or very little, can escape) to layers that represent the three colors that are used alone or in combination to produce the millions of possible shades of each.
One of the switches that controls one of the vertical columns has failed and has turned on the entire column that allows red to display.
The problem switch (a semiconductor combined with many) is permanently turned on, probably part of the screen assembly itself, and was placed with others by robots.
The pin spacing on these 'chips' is very small and often makes the assembly unrepairable.
While LCD panels have fallen hugely in price, you may be looking at a parts cost (labor is probably not too bad) that may make you decide to replace the set.
Unfortunately, the once-proud Emerson name has sadly been degraded and there is a lot of their electronics available from companies that specialize in 'refurbished' products, an indication that they have a large failure rate.
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
Either a power board problem or something in the set is pulling the power voltages down---if under 26 inches it may not be fixable.
Posted on Mar 19, 2012
SOURCE: my emerson tv won't turn on
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on Jun 02, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2015 | Emerson Televison & Video
Jan 10, 2013 | Televison & Video
Dec 10, 2012 | Emerson SLC195EM8 LCD TV
Aug 02, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jun 23, 2012 | Emerson EWD2003 DVD Player/VCR
Sep 15, 2008 | Emerson Televison & Video
Jun 05, 2008 | Emerson EWL20S5 20 in. EDTV-Ready LCD...
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!