Question about JVC AL A158BK Turntable
To replace a turntable drive belt.
Before starting ensure you disconnect the power supply.
1, Remove the rubber platter mat to expose the platter.
2. Put your thumb and forefinger through the two round holes and lift the platter off. You may need to give the center spindle a light tap (whilst applying upward pressure) with a screwdriver handle or some similar tool that will not leave any marks or damage.
3. Remove the old belt and wipe the platter pulley and motor pulley with an alcohol swab to remove any old belt residue.
4. Place the new belt around the platter pulley making sure t is sitting flat without any twists.
5. Flip platter over the right way up. There are1or 2 larger rectangle shaped cut outs in the platter.
6. Through the cut out pinch up the belt and slip a finger or belt hook between the platter pulley and the belt gripping the belt ready to fit over the motor pulley.
7. Align the center hole of the platter with the spindle and place platter back into position keeping a grip on the belt.
8. Slip belt over motor pulley and give the platter a light clockwise rotation to ensure the belt is riding correctly.
9. Replace the rubber mat and then run the turntable to ensure correct operation.
Remember, when changing between 33 & 45 rpm the platter must be rotating to ensure correct belt repositioning on motor pulley.
Posted on May 06, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2016 | 2005 Subaru Outback
Jun 18, 2016 | Brother Sewing Machines
Oct 13, 2015 | Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cars & Trucks
Sep 08, 2014 | Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Apr 01, 2014 | Life Fitness 91Ti Treadmill
Jan 24, 2010 | 1995 Dodge Intrepid
Jan 18, 2010 | 1996 Nissan Pickup
Jan 13, 2010 | 2001 Nissan Maxima
Feb 27, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Dec 18, 2008 | Vacuums
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: