1) Troubleshoot walk-thru indicates that tripper is wrong, or timer mechanism is worn out:
Check that tripper is labeled ON, and compares similarly with old
tripper, and is not worn down. Trippers are made of softer metal and
designed to wear out before the timer mechanism wears out.http://waterheatertimer.org/How-to-troubleshoot-Intermatic-timer.htmlhttp://waterheatertimer.org/images/WH-lever-005-500.jpg
2) Buy new timer mechanism: If the new ON tripper does not push the on-off lever, then timer mechanism is probably worn out.
Buy new T104M mechanism, and change out with existing mechanism using thumb spring located top inside box.
3) How it works: The trippers rotate around on clock dial. Trippers come into contact with on-off lever, and trippers push lever.
On tripper pushes lever one direction. Off tripper pushes same lever other direction.
Each time the lever moves back and forth, the manual override also clicks with audible sound.
The lever moves a slide bar located on back of timer mechanism, and that action opens and closes electrical circuit.http://waterheatertimer.org/images/Back-of-WH40-2b-500.jpg
4) Since any timer mechanism can fit into the T10404R control panel, you can also buy and install T104M210 timer mechanism with fireman's switch that turns off heater 20 minutes before turning off pool pump.
For 2-speed pool pump, the digital P1353 can also be installed, and this timer would replace both timing mechanisms in the T10404R. Non-electronic timers are more reliable.
5) Add a comment for more help
6) Take a moment and rate answer for accuracy:
And take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.