Question about Hardware & Accessories
I have had this timer for the past 3 years and no problems. When I set it up for times/frequency and press the auto button everything seems OK. When the times/frequency are reached the timer/valves do not come on. If I switch it to Manual it functions as normal and goes thru the set cycle returning to Auto?
Yardworks is a non-supported brand name that re-packages timers from different manufacturers including Orbit, Melnor, Tork etc.
Copy following link to access sprinkler timer manuals, to help identify product.
Most Yardwork timers are sprinkler, but I have also seen auto-off christmas light timers.
Add a comment and describe timer in detail. Otherwise the only google result for that timer model is fixya, which indicates there are no online resources.
Also check battery ... if timer has battery, it will last about 3 years.
Also do not expose water timers to freezing temperatures.
Most timers last a couple years, and most have 1 year limited warranty against defects in workmanship. Unknown who supplies warranty coverage for Yardworks.
Posted on May 04, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
When installing a digital timer switch into a 3-way lighting circuit, you typically have to install a jumper wire across the "travelers" on the 3-way switch at the other end of the circuit, in order to get the timer to function.
If you have an Intermatic brand timer, the jumper is included with the timer switch, usually it will be a small, about 2-3 inches long wire with fork terminals on each end.
You should have the power turned off before installing the jumper. Also, there is a distance limit (75-80 feet of wiring) as to how far apart the two (2) switches can be from one another, in order for the timer to work (with the installed jumper).
Normally, the travelers are one the same side of a 3-way switch, but you can use a voltage detector to confirm which wires are which (prior to turning off the power) to make installing the jumper easier. If you contact the manufacturer of your particular timer, they can email you a owners guide/installation pamphlet that shows the proper installation procedures for your timer switch.
If you have an Intermatic product, you can use the link below to contact them for the needed info.
Hope you find this Very Helpful and best regards!
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
See if this helps. Page 26 shows a digital clock. Even if the buttons and knobs are different on yours the procedure may be the same.
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
You posted under GE 24-hour analog power strip.
But question says 7-day programmable without giving brand and model number of your timer.
Resourceful do-it-yourselfer cannot sell a product on e-bay without describing what you have.
Same with fixya.
Open following links to help identify timer and for helpful information:
We have 4 solid options.
1) The omission of key information in question leads me to suspect that you have not read manual carefully. Or that timer has programming conflicts.
I write out information when manuals are confusing.
2) I read timer manuals each day, test timers, and write timer manuals.
Some manuals are poorly written and confusing, so add a comment to this thread with model number so I can read manual alongside you.
3) Add a comment with photo of your timer, so I can identify timer and give best answer:
4) Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
There is no magic cure for plastic, battery-operated, digital, water timers that are exposed to weather.
Try spraying WD40 on the button.
Turn timer upside down and spray WD40 again so debris can work it's way out of timer button.
Keep a cover over timer, do not expose to direct hot sun, and do not expose to freezing water or inner plastic valves will break.
Buy another timer.
Copy following link for Gardena manuals:
Copy following link for various other water timers, Toro, Orbit, Melnor, Raindrip etc in no particular order.
Posted on Aug 31, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2015 | Hardware & Accessories
Nov 23, 2014 | 1996 Lincoln Continental
For the WOODS Model 50029 Indoor 7 day digital timers with Astronomic features.
8A / 1,000W Tungsten
15A / 1,875W General purpose
500 VA Electronic ballast
120Vac 60Hz 8.3A Ballast
Charge the Battery:
Plug the timer into wall outlet for 30 minutes to charge internal battery. Note: You can then unplug the timer from the wall outlet and comfortably hold it in your hand to program the timer.
Clear the Memory:
Press the RESET button with a tooth pick to erase any previous settings.
Note: Inactivity for approximately 30 seconds and the timer will return to clock mode.
To Set the Clock:
1. Press the TIME button to set the current year: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 2012 to 2099.
2. Press the TIME button again to set the month: Press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 01 to 12.
3. Press the TIME button again to set the date: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number. The maximum date will depend on which month you choose.
4. Press the TIME button again to set the daylight savings time feature. DST will appear on the bottom of the display screen. Then press the "+" or "-" button to set DST AUTO mode or DST OFF mode.
5. Press the TIME button again to set the hour: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 00 to 59.
6. Press the TIME button again to set the minute: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 00 to 59.
7. Press the TIME button again to set the Astronomic function: Then press the "+" or "-" button to select the zone you are in. North = "nor", Center = "cen", and South = "sou".
8. Press the TIME button again to adjust the Sunrise time. Press "+" or "-" button to adjust the time.
9. Press the TIME button again to adjust the Sunset time. Press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the time.
10. Press the TIME button again to finish the setting or press and hold the TIME button for 4 sec that will to back to standby.
To Program the Timer:
1. Press the PROGRAM button once to display the first ON setting.
2. Press "+" or "-" button to adjust the day or group of days you want for the program. Scroll to select from everyday, each individual day, weekdays, or weekends.
3. Press TIME button to set the hour. Press "+" or "-" to scroll through 12-hours AM, 12-hours PM, sunrise time or sunset time for first on setting.
4. Press TIME button to setting the minutes. Press button "+" and "-" to adjust from 00-59.
5. Press the PROGRAM button again to display the first OFF setting and repeat steps 2 through 4 to program.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for additional ON/OFF settings.
7. Press the "MODE" button once, at any time exit time setting or program setting.
Sun tracking technology: the timer adjusts automatically to sunrise/sunset times. For example, program lights to turn On at sunset and Off at 10:00 pm. As daylight hours extend, the sunset time will increase. For example sunset may be at 5:41 pm on Monday, 5:42 pm on Tuesday, and 5:44 on Wednesday. The timer will adjust to this On time accordingly and will always turn off at 10:00 pm as programmed.
To Connect/Operate the Timer:
Plug device in to the timer and turn the device on. Plug timer into wall outlet.
To Operate the Timer / Use Manual Override Function:
Press MODE to choose different function between ON, ON AUTO, ON RDM, OFF, OFF AUTO, OFF RDM
1. ON - load is ON permanently in manual mode.
2. ON AUTO - AUTO mode has been selected and load has been forced ON and will stay ON until a contrary scheduled event.
3. ON RDM- RDM mode has been selected and load has been forced ON and will stay ON until a contrary scheduled RDM event.
4. OFF - load is OFF permanently in manual mode.
5. OFF AUTO - AUTO mode has been selected and load has been forced OFF and will stay OFF until a contrary scheduled event.
6. OFF RDM - RDM mode has been selected and load has been forced OFF and will stay OFF until a contrary scheduled RDM event.
Random Setting Security Feature:
When the random setting is ON, the timer will turn ON/OFF +/- 30 minutes around program on and program off times.
Daylight Savings Time Feature:
When the DST function is on "DST AUTO", the sunrise and sunset time will increase 1 hour on the Sunday of the second week in March at 02:00 am every year. It will then decrease 1 hour on the Sunday of the first week in November at 02:00 am every year. For example if sunrise is 6:12 am on March 9th, it will be 7:11 am on March 10th.
Consumer Support (800) 561-4321
Dec 16, 2013 | Hardware & Accessories
Jun 20, 2013 | Aqua Hardware & Accessories
Jun 05, 2013 | GARDENA Water Timer
Jun 05, 2013 | Electrical Supplies
May 31, 2013 | Hardware & Accessories
May 22, 2013 | Hardware & Accessories
Dec 24, 2012 | Hardware & Accessories
Jun 28, 2012 | Raindrip Hardware & Accessories
316 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!