An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: How many volts can this light handle?
The picture was not extremely clear but it looked like an LED to me. LEDs have different voltage ratings and can handle a certain amount of current. If you plan on hooking up any LED to any system, you should know what voltage range the light is. If you know that, the LED is usually installed with a resistor in series to protect against overcurrent. Sounds like a complicated answer for your question, right? I propose you go to an electronic supply store and get the LED and the associated resistor. It's not expensive and the person should be able to tell you whether or not it can be done. Good luck and I hope this helps!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Anonymous, your battery has discharged to a non functioning level. Recharge your battery to 12.5 to 12.8 volts and perform a load test on it to check for a bad cell if your meter reads 10 volts or lower after load test replace the battery. Check your charging system should put out 14.3 to 14.7 Volts DC at the battery. Good luck
The battery is not being charged OR is no longer accepting a charge.
The inverter does not charge the battery. An inverter consists of components that first convert the battery's low (12) volt "direct current" (DC) power used to power automotive devices to a higher (120) volt "alternating current" (AC) power that is required by nearly all household appliances to operate properly.
The charging of the battery occurs when either the RV's engine is running and spins the alternator, etc. OR when connected to another charging device - whether it is permanent or portable.
With the RV engine running, there should be about 13.5 - 15 volts, DC on the battery posts or terminals. This voltage is coming fromt he RV alternator and since it is greater than the 12 volt battery, "charges" the battery. If you use a portable charger - that is part of a generator, or plugs into a power port at a camp site, etc. this will charge the battery.
When none of these things is happening, the battery voltage will slowly drop. Once it is at ~10 volts, it is "dead" and will need to be recharged.
The battery will no longer accept a charge if a "cell" inside it has "opened" or "shorted", or if the battery is at the end of its useful life. The battery state can be checked quickly by any mechanic.
The Parallax 7155 converter should not require battery support for any 12 volt load amperage that is less than the maximum amperage capacity of the converter. A standard RV incandescent 12 volt lamp draws about 1.5 amperes for each bulb. With the battery disconnected and other 12 volt loads off, turn on lamps (not fixtures) and calculate the number of bulbs which can be turned on. If you run out of lamps, turn on vent fans etc. The idea here is to try to get to 55 amperes of DC load if possible without going over 55 amperes. At a sustained DC load of about 25-30 amperes or higher, the fans should cycle on continuously after about 5 -10 minutes. Lamp brightness should be normal and the measured voltage from the converter should be above 13 volts if under 55 amps of DC load. If the voltage drops with only a few lamps on, a converter issue would be likely.
Diagnostic tests an RV technician should make would be to:
1. Disconnect the battery system.
2. With the converter system powered on, measure the DC amperage with a DC ammeter capable of reading at least 60 amperes DC from the blue lead at the DC fuse panel terminal VCC.
3. Measure the DC voltage at terminal VCC and DC ground.
4. Record both readings.
At any DC load amperage less than 55 amps, the voltage should be above 13.0-13.2 volts DC. This method should take out all guesswork and confirm a DC converter section issue or not.
The battery life for these lights are for about 2 years at the most if left uncharged. The best way to determine if you need new a new battery or batteries would be to dismantle the light, remove the batteries and check the voltage with a volt meter. If they are dead, you may be able to fine a suitable replacement at: http://www.batterymart.com/c-04-12-volt-sealed-lead-acid-batteries.html
Check any fuses/circuit breakers in harness from battery. That battery should supply 12 volts dc to fridge lugs/terminals at bottom of fridge on outside behind vent. If battery is good and hooked up properly but no 12 volts to fridge, then you will have to trace back to battery for broken /bad wire. If you want to test quickly, just run 2 jumper wires from battery to those 2 lugs marked + and - Battery + to + (pos)at fridge, and - battery to -Neg at fridge. That should allow you to run it on propane or 12 volt. Remember, running it on 12 volts will kill that battery pretty quick, unless it's being charged. When you are plugged in, the converter supplies the 12 volts to your fridge, as well as should be charging your battery.
Guessing that the charging-system/battery is borderline. With a voltmeter, measure the battery voltage with the engine off--should be 12.6 volts DC. Start the engine, then measure the battery voltage again, it should be ~13.5 to 14.5 volts. If the battery has a shorted cell, it will decrease by 2.1 volts/bad cell and will probably decrease the running voltage as well. The battery must be replaced if it has a shorted cell. If it has removable caps, check the water level in each (add distilled water only, but don't over-fill). Clean the battery connections with a special wire brush and put anti-corrosion grease on the terminals and posts. Wash your hands after this procedure to prevent mysterious holes appearing in your clothes. Once the battery and charging system check ok, look for the check engine light on. If so, read the code(s) with a rented scanner and pursue to repairs. If no codes, erase the light. Hope this helps!
The light can come in a box with just the light alone (light with battery), single ac(light with ac cord and 1 charger), single dc(light with dc volt cigarette outlet and 1 charger), double (light, 1 ac, 1 dc cord, 2 chargers) pb charger...and so on. The sticker on the box that contains the UPC code should have the listed detail on what the box should contain. Still confused check out the website www.streamlight.com search the light you're looking for and check out the product part number list. Hope that helps ;)