Question about Yamaha RAV-172 Remote Control
Remote control seems to have a life of its own, flashing continuously by itself without any human interaction, sending sporadic commands to equipment, disrupting their proper functioning. Changed batteries, same problem.
Some buttons on it have been shorted internally. Open the remote control and clean it. If you wish to get more details about how to clean a remote control, check this site. I've seen a post there related to this. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/. An older post indeed. Search for it.
Posted on May 03, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Yamaha RAV-172
Is this part of a home theater system, as Yamaha does not list remotes thats part of a package by themself. You can search www.yamaho.com and find something there or at l;east a number you can call
Posted on Sep 12, 2006
RAV311 WJ40930 US
(1) To program the remote to control a TV, press and hold [TV] for at least 5 seconds. To program the remote to control any other device, press and hold [AV] and the desired input button, (i.e. Press and hold [AV] + (DVD) at the same time for 5 seconds for a DVD player.
(2) Enter the 4 digit code for the device
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
SOURCE: i want to know how
1. Set the selector dial to the position for controlling the component. (for example, set to "VCR" for a VCR)
2. Press both the VOLUME ^ and v keys at the same time and hold them until the indicator flashes twice.
3. Use the numeric keys to enter the four-digit manufacturer code for the component to be used. Make sure that the indicator flashes twice.
NOTE: if the indicator does not flash, repeat step 3 and enter the code again.
4. Try operating the component with the remote controller to check the code entering is successful. If not enter another code for the same manufacturer.
if you'd like the codes, there are too many to list. go here and download the instructions with codes:
Posted on Aug 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2015 | Yamaha RAV-300 Remote Control
Feb 27, 2011 | Philips Car Audio & Video
Jan 30, 2011 | Yamaha RAV-2000 LCD Touchscreen Remote...
Aug 11, 2010 | Yamaha RAV-172 Remote Control
Nov 28, 2009 | Televison & Video
Nov 23, 2009 | Sony Televison & Video
Oct 24, 2017 | Nintendo Wii Remote Controller
Apr 10, 2009 | Yamaha RAV-172 Remote Control
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: