- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Reposting from multiple sources. It seems like most (maybe all) Sony HTIB do not work with the Comcast Custom Remote. I've found a work around that fixes the volume control and power button though. Hope it helps you all. I have a DAVHDX275 but I think this will work for most Sony HTIB systems.
What you need to do is steal some codes from a like product and then hardcode in the changes you need to the comcast remote. Set your AUX to 21232 (a sony code for TV/VCRs).
Then do the following:
1. While still on AUX, press and hold SETUP again until the remote blinks twice 2. Type 994 3. Press and release SETUP 4. Type 32975 5. Press and release VOL+ The remote should blink twice. That should reprogram the VOL+ to work with your Sony HT device. For each of the following function codes, follow the same steps and use the codes listed below: Vol+ = 32975 Vol- = 31951Power = 32719Mute = 33743 Good luck. Let me know if it works.
Also, to program your remote to function volume controls while in CBL or TV mode without switching between modes to change the volume, see below. Source http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8831Quote:Locking Volume Control To TV or AUX Mode: 1. Press and hold SETUP until the Red light flashes twice, then release SETUP. 2. Enter 9 - 9 - 3 (Red light will flash twice). 3. Press and release either TV or AUX (Red light for selected device will flash twice).
The Remote w/ On Demand buttons, it's the same as the DVD player code 1932. Hit the AUX button, press and hold SETUP until AUX blinks and enter 1932. Press the power button and it should turn off the reciever.
*UNLOCKING VOLUME CONTROL* You must until your AUX volume control in order to use your Comcast remote. To do so, you must select AUX, press and hold SETUP until AUX blinks. Enter 9-9-3 and press Vol - (down). This should unlock your volume control when you select AUX. I'm not sure how to set AUX as your default setting for volume, unless you were to program your AUX device as your TV and vice versa I'd suspect.
Hope this helps!
1) Tap AUX 2) Press & Hold Setup (1 then 2 blinks) 3) Enter 30842 or 0842 (The remote should blink twice) 4) Press & Hold Setup (1 then 2 blinks) 5) Enter 994 (2 blinks) 6) Tap Setup (1 blink) 7) Enter "00051" (1 blink per number) 8) Tap Power (not All On, just "power") (The remote should blink twice) 9) Tap AUX 10) Press & Hold Setup (1 then 2 blinks) 11) Enter 30135 or 0135
The volume keys should be working by default, but you may have volume punch through turned on (meaning the remote is sending signals for TV or CABLE volume function no matter what mode you are actually on). To unlock volume control for AUX mode, do the following: 1. Press and release AUX 2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice 3. Type 993 4. Press and release VOL- The remote should blink four times to confirm unlock.
I have an Akai 42"lct & had the same problem. I bought an universal remote URC R6 at walmart for $19. I can now control the tv, u-vrerse cable, panasonic surround system & still have the aux open. You must use the "learn" method but I can control channels, volume, record, menues for all devices as well as setup, record for dvr & more. I hope this helps.........