Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Adding a LFE input to wireless samsung subwoofer

I bought this subwoofer from ebay after seller told me it be used with a wired connection. well it arrivedand it has no input for receiver to plug into. My research tells me it can only connect to a Samsung sound bar, I do not want to down grade to a soundbar system. this was going to be added as a second subwoofer to my JVC Dolby 5.1 receiver. I have taken it apart and found that there is two pc boards one looks like the Bluetooth receiver board and the other I will assume is the power supply/Amplifier board. That is as far as I can get. If anyone knows where to solder a rca LFE input jack It would be Fantastic. Thanks for reading.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Audio Player... Master
  • 1,054 Answers

I doubt there is a way to put an RCA jack into that sub. All the input comes from the wireless board. If you tried to put an RCA jack in there, the impedance and signal levels will not match what they need to be. Also, those soundbar system subs don't put out a lot of bass, I doubt it would even improve the sound of your current system if you could get it to work.

Posted on May 03, 2013

Testimonial: "Thank you for your help"


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 54 Answers

SOURCE: 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers

You can plug in higher ohm speakers , the higher the ohm the higher the resistance is, it is a danger when you plug lower ohm speakers into a higer ohm Amp , at a high volume that will cause them to blow , the center speaker would be fine to use a higer ohm speaker , your best choice is to buy a Active Subwoofer, which means the sub has it's own power supply , and u can blast the thing as much as u like , thn u can turn the bass down on all the other speaker's so u can play it louder , and have the sub turned up has high as u like , this is the best way to get great sound with high volume , buy a Active sub woofer , any active subwoofer is ok , a active sub woofer has its own volume and inputs on the speaker ,

Posted on Dec 09, 2007

  • 51 Answers

SOURCE: Brookstone Wireless Outdoor Speaker with Bose 123 System Problem

AUX usually refers to an INPUT, such as a CD player, etc. No signal comes out of a standard AUX jack, unless it specifically says "Aux speaker output". Instead, look for another speaker output jack, such as remote speaker, B speakers, etc. You may only have one set of speaker output jacks, in which case you would need to connect your wireless speaker to the speaker output jacks along with your main speakers, or buy a little speaker selector switch box to switch between main and wireless speakers. There's usually no harm in connecting more than one speaker set to the same outputs, though it is technically not recommended. In the real world, just don't crank it too loud and you'll be fine. The wireless speaker MIGHT run off of a standard line output also, if the wireless speaker has its own power amplifier.

Posted on Dec 27, 2008

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: connect powered subwoofer

  • If your receiver has a dedicated subwoofer line level output, we recommend connecting your subwoofer to this jack. Most receivers will have just one (mono) subwoofer output, while quite a few subs require two inputs. You can use an RCA "Y" adapter cord , which is a cable with one female RCA jack at one end, and two male RCA plugs at the other. Some receivers require menu settings (such as "sub-on" or "front speakers-small") that must be made before the sub output will be active.

  • Posted on Jan 07, 2009

    • 1 Answer

    SOURCE: Sunfire Subwoofer 110 Noise on input plugin

    This problem can also be caused by bad caps. This seems to be a real problem with this unit but considering the age I would replace the caps.

    Posted on Dec 16, 2009

    • 8546 Answers

    SOURCE: Have this Bose system connected to my Yamaha a/v receiver

    If you have it literally conencted the way you say not much good will happen.

    The speaker OUTPUTs for the Yamaha feed the INPUTS on the Acoustimass Module then the satellites branch out of the Acoustimass Module's OUTPUTs.

    Acoustimass module
    Bose® recommends putting your Acoustimass module at the same end of the room as the
    television monitor. To prevent interference, keep the module at least 2 feet (.6 m) from the
    • You may hide the Acoustimass module behind or under furniture, but do not block the
    opening. Be sure there is at least 2 inches (5 cm) between the opening and any surface.
    • If the opening faces the wall it increases the bass; if it faces away it decreases the bass.
    For the most bass response, place the opening 2 to 3 inches (5 to 8 cm) from a wall or
    • Stand the Acoustimass module vertically or horizontally (Figure 6). To stand it on the
    cable connection end, remove the cover by gently pulling it away

    Move the sub closer to a wall or corner to increase the bass.

    This is a SYSTEM and as such is not designed to be pieced out or separated. I don't recommend that you try it that way. I doubt it will improve the sound.

    Posted on Apr 30, 2010

    Testimonial: "Thanks for the respond. Very good info - will try as you have suggested."

    Add Your Answer

    Uploading: 0%


    Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



    Related Questions:

    1 Answer

    Can't get bass through subwoofer of my old sony surround sound system when i connect my laptop to amp using 3.5mm jack. laptop is Samsung rv511 and sony amp doesn't have optical in or hdmi in. any ide

    If I understand correctly, you have a 3.5mm plug into your Samsung laptop, which is then connected to your Sony surround system via the red/white RCA plugs. I assume for the input to the Sony you're using a standard audio-in. I would check the speaker setup settings on the Sony to ensure that the "bass" and not just LFE (low frequency effects) are being sent to the sub-woofer. My understanding is that LFE is found only on Dolby or DTS encoded soundtracks, and if the subwoofer is limited to just LFE you wouldn't be getting any bass when listening to two channel stereo from your laptop.

    Mar 20, 2014 | Sony Audio Players & Recorders

    1 Answer

    How do i connect my subwoofer to my home theater

    Easy. Your home theatre amp will have a sub or LFE output ( RCA plug ). You simply connect this output to the input ( usually the left side, or use a Y splitter and use left and right inputs, or the LFE input if your sub has it ). Then, you must turn the sub on in your recievers setup menu, and your sub should work.

    Mar 03, 2013 | Sunfire True Sub MK II Subwoofer

    1 Answer

    Conncet a sony sub to a denon reciver

    Depending on the model, there are two ways to connect a subwoofer to an amplifier, receiver or processor. The best way is to connect the subwoofer to the SUB OUT or LFE output of a receiver, but some subwoofers can be connected to the speaker level outputs of the receiver or amplifier.

    1. How to Connect a Subwoofer to the Subwoofer Output

    The preferred method of connecting a subwoofer is through the LFE or Subwoofer output (SUB OUT) of a receiver. Almost all home theater receivers (or processors) and some stereo receivers have a subwoofer output. The LFE (Low Frequency Effects) is a special output for subwoofers and is often labeled 'SUBWOOFER' not LFE. 5.1 channel programs on DVD discs have a dedicated .1 channel output with bass-only content that is best reproduced by a subwoofer. Connect the output of the LFE or Subwoofer jack to the Line In jacks of the subwoofer using a single RCA cable (the two jacks on the left in the photo). A 'Y-Cable' may be necessary to connect the LFE output to both the left and right channels of the subwoofer.

    2. How to Connect a Subwoofer to Speaker Level Outputs
    Some receivers and amplifiers do not have an LFE or Subwoofer output. In this case you can use the speaker outputs of the receiver to connect the subwoofer. Using speaker wire, connect the left and right channel speaker outputs of the receiver to the left and right channel speaker level inputs on the subwoofer (the speaker inputs on the right side of the photo). Using speaker wire, connect the left and right channel speaker outputs on the back of the subwoofer to the left and right channel front speakers.

    Hope it helped..

    Apr 20, 2011 | Denon Audio Players & Recorders

    1 Answer

    Acoustic Research AR-1 Qusetion- LFE Input and Output functions??

    using the LFE input will give you cleaner less distorted bass. You must have a sub out on your receiver or pre-amp. it will give you greater control over the bass output of your system. If you only have one sub-out on your receiver simpley run a 10ft rca from the sub-out of reciever to the rca input of either speaker than use the rca out of 1st speaker to the rca input of second speaker. check to see if you have control of the level of your sub-out on your reciever. adjust the 30hz boost on rear of speakers. now you will have bass that most people only dream of having.

    May 20, 2010 | Acoustic Research AR1 Speaker

    1 Answer

    Sony SW no sound

    does this sub have an LFE output? if so, connect that to the LFE input on the reciever and make sure it is set up properly in the set up menu in speaker configuration. if the sub has speaker line input outputs, connect speakers to input of sub and out of sub to amp/recvr

    May 10, 2010 | Sony SA-WM40 Subwoofer

    1 Answer

    M&K K-9 series subwoofer. Can I use both the

    Connect - yes, but use? Why would you want to? If your source supports RCA I'd use it.

    Feb 15, 2010 | M&K Sound Mp Series K-9 Subwoofer

    1 Answer

    Please Help ....i have Bose Acoustimass 10, 5.1 system connected

    Usually the LFE out is only a line out and is not amplified in any way, so first of all is your subwoofer self amplified or not? Cause if not, the LFE output won't be of much use to you. So if it's not self amplified you need an new amplifier to put between the receiver and the subwoofer. Any amp that supports RCA line-in input will do. Even a car stereo amplifier will work provided you can get a 12volt power supply to run it in the house. If the subwoofer is self amplified though, then all you need is to make an adapter cause none are readily available in stores to go from a RCA connector to 2 wires. You can buy a virgin RCA connector that you can wire yourself at The Source, Circuit City, or any electronics store you have locally, or if you have an old RCA to RCA wire you don't need anymore, you can just cut it in half, strip the 2 wires and you got you adapter right there.

    Jul 07, 2009 | Bose Acoustimass 16 Speaker

    2 Answers

    Which jacks to wire the subwoofer to?

    Your receiver should have an RCA connector on the back panel that will be marked "sub woofer" or "LFE out". That connects to your sub woofer with a standard RCA type cable. Also, some powered subs have left and right speaker level inputs and outputs in which you would indeed run the sub woofer through the speaker outputs. The down side of that type of connection is that the line level converter inside the sub woofer will take a slight amount of your receiver's output power, although that is rarely detectable. Also, if you have a Dolby Digital receiver, using this connection method will take away systems ability to accurately control the low frequency effects of a soundtrack.

    Good Luck,

    May 16, 2009 | Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders

    1 Answer

    Dayton sub-100 connection

    You have it upon one of several truly odd "standards" in the AV industry but the answer is simple if not quite logical. You will use an RCA type cable from the Sub out or LFE on the receiver to just one of the two inputs on the subwoofer. I usually use the one on the right but it really doesn't matter. The other connectors would be for a system with out a sub out where the speaker wire would be run first to the subwoofer and then out to the speakers. This will not be used at all in your case.


    Feb 27, 2009 | Bose 151SE Main / Stereo Speaker

    1 Answer

    Connecting subwoofer to receiver.

    have u checked that the sub option on the reciver is on?

    Jan 06, 2006 | Kenwood 107VR

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Audio Players & Recorders Logo

    Related Topics:

    444 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


    Level 3 Expert

    102366 Answers


    Level 3 Expert

    5158 Answers

    The Knight
    The Knight

    Level 3 Expert

    74383 Answers

    Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides