The problem could be the power supply or the main board.all you have to do is to follow this simple and easy way of troubleshooting.
- Remove the cover.
- Plug-in your DVD player and power it ON to perform a voltage data/check.
- Check the input power of the DVD.Use multimeter tester to test the AC voltage (AC range).It should have 120v or 240vac depends on the requirement of your DVD or the main supply that comes on the outlet.If no voltage reading,your power cord have a continuity problem.Replace it with the same type and A.W.G number standard.
- If the power cord got voltage reading.Next is test the output voltage of power supply such as 5vdc for the main board and logic supply using multimeter (DC range).If no voltage reading,the problem could be the power supply board.
Check the following parts which commonly breaks on power supply board.
- The power transistors (regulators)-It is commonly binds on heat sink and found on the primary of the chopper.use a multimeter (range diode test) to check if it is shorted.
- The fuse-able resistors-it is the resistor that have low resistance such as 1ohm 2.2 ohms etc.It is usually found near the power regulators/transistors.Use multimeter (range resistance) to check if it is open or change value.
- The capacitors-it is the one who can store voltage.If you have capacitance meter you can test that,if none just look at the appearance of the capacitor if it is bulge on top or leak.
NOTE: If you found the defective parts that mention above,replace it with the same type and ratings.
When the problem is still there,The problem of the power supply is major and not for D.I.Y.I suggest to send it to the qualified technician or just buy a new one.
5. If the power supply have output voltage.The problem could be the main board and unfortunately the main board is not for D.I.Y because composition of the board is very sensitive.The only way to fix it is to buy a new main board unit.I hope this solution could fix your problem.Please response if you have any comment and question.Thank you and good luck.