Question about Garmin Color Fishfinder 160c
Display will not come on. Theres power to the unit. The buttons illuminate when impress the power button but go off when I release. No light appears on the screen
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You only need the red and black wires to supply power to the unit. The red positive wire goes to a positive terminal on your battery or positive side of a bus bar or switch, the black negative wire goes to the negative terminal on the battery or negative common bus bar. Do not try to earth the black wire to an aluminum boat hull... You are asking for trouble! Best to run the black wire straight back to the negative battery terminal or negative bus bar that is wired to the negative battery terminal. The other colored wires on the 160C plug are used for interfacing with NMEA2000 compatible devices, like a compatible GPS.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
SOURCE: Is Garmin Fishfinder 90 working?
possibly.most ive owned will flash random numbers when out of the water.the fact its flashing or reading numbers at all,means its working.youll have put it in water to see how accurate,obviously
Posted on Jul 08, 2010
The topo maps are low in the map hierarchy. If another mapset is loaded at the same time and is also checked it will likely "cover" topo. I think the Recreation maps are the only one's lower in the hierarchy.
Posted on Jul 21, 2010
SOURCE: the boat has been idle
I understand that you are having a problem with your Garmin fishfinder 300C. When in the water the unit is not turning on, however when out of the water the unit will turn on. I want to see if the unit will work in simulation mode.
To do this you will need to follow these directions:
When powered on select CONFIGURE, SYSTEM, SIMULATOR, ON.
If the simulator works then you know that the unit is working. Then go back thru the same way and turn the simulator back off,
Your unit is equipped with a self diagnostic unit that if there is a problem it should power and give you a fault reading. If the unit is not powering on while in the water you are loosing power to the unit. Put the boat back in the water and check the voltage going in to the unit. You may find that you have a short while the boat is in the water.
Post back with what you find from the above possible solution to the problem. And I will give you some more possible problems and solution to your problem.
Thank you for choosing FIxYa.com
Posted on May 27, 2011
SOURCE: Recently borrowed garmin 90
I think the water you're working is a little shallow and that's why you're not getting the response you'd expect.
You can have the Depth Range as Auto which automatically tracks the bottom or set if anywhere between 5 and 600 feet.
You can also set the Scroll Speed as Ultra, Fast, Medium, Slow & Paused so it depends what the owner has it set to as to how quickly it will respond to movement.
Posted on Jun 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2014 | 2011 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...
on Dec 07, 2009 | Oldsmobile Alero Cars & Trucks
Oct 10, 2013 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Dec 22, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 31, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
"Press and hold the "left arrow" key.
Press the "Setup" key and release both keys.
Display should say "Enter Special Key Combo"
Press and release the "OK" button
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu".
2. Press and release the "OK" button.
3. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
4. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
6. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
7. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use.
NOTE: If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit."
Procedure from http://www.fixyourownprinter.com
Apr 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 02, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 25, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 21, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 15, 2016 | Garmin Color Fishfinder 160c
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!