Why does my key fob only open drivers door
this how a dealer does it:
DOOR CONTROL TRANSMITTER
1. REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODE
The add mode is used to retain the already registered codes while registering a new recognition code.
This mode is used when adding a transmitter. If the number of the registered codes exceeds 4, the previously
registered code will be correspondingly erased in order, starting from the first registered code.
The rewrite mode is used to erase all the previously registered codes and register only new recognition
codes. This mode is used when exchanging the transmitter or the door control receiver for new one.
The prohibition mode is used to erase all the registered codes and cancel the wireless door lock function.
Use this mode when the transmitter is lost.
The confirmation mode is to confirm how many recognition codes have already been registered before
an additional registration of a recognition code.
All the following registration procedures must be performed in order continuously.
(a) The vehicle should be in the following conditions.
(1) The key is not inserted in the ignition key cylinder.
(2) Driver’s door is OPENED. (The other doors are CLOSED)
(3) Driver’s door is UNLOCKED.
(b) Perform the following operations to select the desired mode.
(1) Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice within 5 seconds.
(2) After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds. Then insert the
key into the ignition key cylinder and remove it.
(3) After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds. Then insert the
key into the ignition key cylinder and close the door.
(4) Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately 1 second interval 1
to 5 times to select a mode.(2 times for rewrite mode) Then remove the key from the ignition key cylinder.
(5) After selecting a mode, the integration relay automatically performs the power door
LOCK-UNLOCK operation within 3 seconds to inform the selected mode.
(c) Register the new recognition codes :
(1) Within 40 seconds after the add mode or the rewrite mode has been selected, press the LOCK and
UNLOCK switches on the transmitter switch simultaneously for 1.0 - 1.5 seconds.
Within 3 seconds after the previous operation, press either one of the switches for more than 1.0
(2) Within 3 seconds after the transmitter switch has been turned OFF, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation
will be automatically performed once if the registration of the recognition code of the transmitter is
completed correctly. In case the LOCK-UNLOCK operation is performed twice, the registration of
recognition code has failed. Perform the registration procedure from the beginning once again.
(3) If the multiple transmitter to be registered, repeat step (c) within 40 seconds after the previous registration.
this is why the dealer charges for this
Jun 19, 2008 |
2003 Mini Cooper