- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) low outside temp means low inside humidity
2) If the room temperature is close to 60, the coils may be frozen (completely encased in ice). If this is the case, move it where the water can drain off - about 1 gallon which may NOT run into the drain bucket. I out mine over the floor drain. Turn off and it will defrost over night. Only specially made dehumidifiers work below a room temp of 60 degrees (the temp of a basement in winter). Does it need to be running? A digital humidity sensor from Radio Shack is cheap and may tell you the humidity is OK - only 50% or less.
fan speed - fast or slows. use fast
humidity - cuts out appliance when required humidity is reached. set it about half way
note that is f bucket if full, then a float switch will cut out the appliance